• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Insane!!

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Going in the water today. A very important Iphone took the plunge in lake St. Clair. He needs it. It is 28° out right now. I will meet him at 3pm. I have two methods of attack I think.

First is to try out my drone if the water is clear enough. Find it and get in with waders and scoop it out with the drone hovering close to place the scoop perfectly.

If the water is too dirty then waders and a scoop with my CZ-20 and 8" coil. NO way will I try a wetsuit and tanks right now.

On another note I just tumbled and rolled 470.00 in quarters and have about 70.00 more to go. Then the dimes and nickels. I can get 70 - 100.00 in quarters in my home made tumbler. The thing is awesome.

Good Luck!!

Hope it is a quick recovery!

I do love being able to get into the cold air/cold water and still feel warm. But the bad is there is a lot of prep time. About 30 minutes. It's taken me several years to prefect the setup.

I have pulled phones off the bottom with my magnet fishing set-up. The phone is non magnetic but the batteries are.

Better man the me Scuba!!!! I'm not a fan of summertime cold water. 28 outside.......no thank you.....I think there is a Verizon store around the corner!!!

Going in the water today. A very important Iphone took the plunge in lake St. Clair. He needs it. It is 28° out right now. I will meet him at 3pm. I have two methods of attack I think.

First is to try out my drone if the water is clear enough. Find it and get in with waders and scoop it out with the drone hovering close to place the scoop perfectly.

If the water is too dirty then waders and a scoop with my CZ-20 and 8" coil. NO way will I try a wetsuit and tanks right now.

On another note I just tumbled and rolled 470.00 in quarters and have about 70.00 more to go. Then the dimes and nickels. I can get 70 - 100.00 in quarters in my home made tumbler. The thing is awesome.

That's too dang COLD!! :cold::goodluck:

These coins you are tumbling, are that 2018 finds? If so, please include your total in this thread:
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=267719

Interested in your homemade tumbler also.

how deep do you figure the water is where Phone was lost?

When I was first learning how to scuba diver I had to do a dive in a outside pool with snow on the ground. I was doing a make up date and could not use the regular inside heated pool.:grin:

Ray

Insane! Is this a question or a self diagnosis, or an 'Our Time' dating app Profile header?? All three most likely....

Of course you are insane! Not that theres anything wrong with that! You are really good at it! You Relish and roll around in your insanity and always have!
Its Evidenciarilly obvious you are 110% off the charts !..But at least maintaining a modicum of believable Societally functioning, like a Senator or a Congressman..

I submit: Getting in the water, for a cell phone, in this weather? Then, giving away all sorts of glorious prizes to internet strangers who can guess the lotto numbers or the weight of gold you might find in a season?? And then buying the IO Bayliner? Argueing with the cops alla the damn time about Boat ramps and Riparian Rights? Your Honor, I rest my case! :laughing:

Do you need the money or a challenge this badly? Shouldnt you be out in SLC this time of the year wallowing around in that one hotspring cave?

Hey, heres an idea where your skills might come in handy...Wanna make some really big dough? Hows about you go dive into the Fukushima #2 wrecked cooling tanks and slap a length of Flex Seal tape on some of those cracks? Film the whole adventure and do a commercial even! That guy who cuts a boat in half is getting on my last nerve!

You should do that, for Big Money and for helping the Planet, but to Risk freezing off your @ss and your jimmies for some rich guys cellphone for a measly $100 in Detroit? "FU kushima!" Totally bonkers! :laughing:

Unless you Double up on the Hazardous Duty Pay!...then ok..go get that guys phone...He should be ashamed of himself for taking advantage of the insane, and hasta pay for it!...If you dont get at least $200 for that cell phone, you are a certifiable 'One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest' Billy Bibbit Bubbling Booger eating BooBoo...

Hell!, tell him $400 for the retrieve attempt! Upfront! Before you even get in the water! Lets just see who is the craziest stupid booboo then! He might just hand over the cash right there at the dock! You might have found somebody more Insane than you are! :laughing:

Last edited:
I recognize insanity and you are certifiable 28?! But hey I’m with ya all the way let us know how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Still say, Cold water or not, diving to retrieve a cell phone n Michigan waters in January aside...Just buying an IO Bayliner is enough corroborating evidence about Scubadees obvious advanced stages of insanity....I am concerned...Whats next? Him buying a Tiger Shark, or a Cobra Beach Magnet on the Kellyco return rack? Can we live with ourselves for letting this happen? Would somebody please see to poor Mr, Dee?

I Still say, Cold water or not, diving to retrieve a cell phone n Michigan waters in January aside...Just buying an IO Bayliner is enough corroborating evidence about Scubadees obvious advanced stages of insanity....I am concerned...Whats next? Him buying a Tiger Shark, or a Cobra Beach Magnet on the Kellyco return rack? Can we live with ourselves for letting this happen? Would somebody please see to poor Mr, Dee?

You Michiganites should stage an Intervention before we lose him to a drifting Iceberg in the dead of night.. :shock:

Meh, 28 ain't that cold. I was out for 5 hours Sunday!
I hope you got it Bob! :cool:

Best to you for a quick recovery Robert!

R5

Back
Top Bottom