Last ice fishing trip

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
Nothing like ice fishing in 50 degree weather :D Alas, the fishies in my area are mostly dinks. Keeps my mind off MD'ing at least :P

Some of the "giants" caught (and released) today.

Attachments

• gills.jpg
    gills.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 146
Nice panfish, OZ. I'm undecided if I should go fishing or detecting Thursday. Maybe both, as I have the day off. I usually fish Busse, Beck Lake, Axehead, or Bass Lake. Where do you go?

I stick to the south side lakes such as Sag-a-nasty, Tampier, Maple, Horsetail (trillions of dink gills), etc.

Did fish Axehead a few times though..

http://www.ccfp-fishing.com/images/Axehead/

Careful on the ice - shoreline stuff is weak on a lot of lakes, main ice is fine. Went through in the Lemont Quarries last week. If it was a tad warmer I would have had my bud snap a picture of me bobbing in the water before I got out :lol:

I went out yesterday too. We got some nice pearch and decent bass. Two inches of water on the ice made for a sloppy day though.

I hear a lot about Tampier. I never really get down your way but I should check it out. I keep forgetting that there's still ice on the water, with all this warm weather lately. I'm not down with ice fishing with this thin of a layer of ice. I might do the warm water discharge at Busse this week. I'll keep you updated.

Back
Top Bottom