Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Notices

Old 05-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Elite Member

Wink nice cut!!

a cut in the sand, that is.

before hitting the dirt today, i thought i'd try my hand at some beach hunting.
i didn't expect to see this huge cut in this beach! what you're seeing in the pics is a small fresh water stream that flows out through the beach (and my Ace 250 posing in the pics for a size indication, lol)
not expecting to need boots today, i couldn't search quite as much of this area as i wanted to, but where all the little rocks are in the stream is where i found over $3 in clad!
some of the coins i found are from the early 70's and others were in bad enough shape i couldn't tell what they were, other than to say copper penny's. oddly enough, i only found 1 pulltab, 1 bottle cap and 2 nails, but absolutely no other trash! and no jewelry either.
i was able to hunt with no discrimination and at 7 and 8 sensitivity and with no falsing at all. of course when i got close to the edge of the salt water, the machine would go crazy at those settings.
i'll have to hit this area again after a major storm since this cut is sure to change shape and maybe some gold or silver will show up next time.
the worst part is this beach is a bit out of the way and we just don't have the population here to go there and lose stuff.
on the bright side, i had the beach all to myself for close to 4 hours today!

Pete
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2012, 11:20 PM
OldCherryPicker

I like that rocky area exposed!! Nice pic's !! Thanks for sharing..joe

Old 05-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Hammer that spot before it gets covered up again...

Founding Member of RingKeepers

Banned Spammers 874

Old 05-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Elite Member

There has to be a spearhead laying somewhere in those rocks!!!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Cfmct-PI View post
Hammer that spot before it gets covered up again...
haha! that spot changes twice a day with the tides! but due to the brook flowing, it ALWAYS returns! and with a slightly new shape every time!

i hammered it for close to 4 hours today. i'll have to bring boots (or sandals) with me the next time i'm there.
just for an idea of how many people go there, on a really busy hot summer weekend, there might be a maximum of 3 or 4 hundred people... tops! not quite like the thousands on the beaches down your way.
on the bright side, the handful of coins i did find today tells me that there probably isn't anyone else detecting there! gee, a couple were even surface finds!

Old 05-29-2012, 01:18 PM

Wish I had a beach out by me..

Old 05-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Elite Member

That looks like a beautiful place. good luck...

two Excals 2, one Excal 1000, two Excal Swords, AT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug pro, Tesoror Lobos Super trac, Etrac, Ace 250, AT pro pointer carot, two pro pointer and GPX .THE NEXT SWING COULD BE BLING.....