Best Detector?

Better to ask which detector is the most versatile.
Not everyone can own multiple models covering all bases extremely well.

So, which detector can handle both higher and lower ground mineralization, handle iron infested places, be good for coins, relics, jewelry, gold nuggets. Not overly heavy. Not overly complicated. Not overly expensive. Can be used in salt water environment if need be.
Can operate in areas more prone to emi without experiencing devasting negative effects.
Has good manufacturer support. Has good depth based on ground mineralization levels. Has wireless capabiity.

Right now there is one detector model that meets all the above = Minelab Equinox 800.

The ONE (worthy) detector setup to get a person by.

Nobody can tell you what the best detector is. You have to do a little research to find out. I'm saying this because everywhere is different like ground mineralization ect ect. And your specific wants are different (what it will be used for). In my opinion Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is a really good starter. I still use mine to this day.

The person who started this topic also asked a similar question on another forum. They were actually looking for the best detector and operating frequency for deep coin cache detecting as in hoards. They are based in Europe probably. Never really clarified that. Some of us pointed the poster towards a Whites two box and others suggested some deep PIs. So their original question maybe because of inexperience or language issues was way too general and pretty vague.
Jeff

The person who started this topic also asked a similar question on another forum. They were actually looking for the best detector and operating frequency for deep coin cache detecting as in hoards. They are based in Europe probably. Never really clarified that. Some of us pointed the poster towards a Whites two box and others suggested some deep PIs. So their original question maybe because of inexperience or language issues was way too general and pretty vague.
Jeff

Also what it looked like to me...the lack of all the details pointed to inexperience and perhaps English as a second language. I tried helping out another guy recently who I thought was sketchy on the knowledge of English...wound up he was just a lousy text-typer, and then got belligerent when I asked about it.:lol:

Here’s the thing. If you buy a detector for only one objective then the used or less expensive machine is the way to go. If you want to do more than buy for what you will anticipate doing. It sucks buying a machine and then wanting to do things your machine isn’t capable of. Then you want another more capable machine. Also recommend buying something with wireless capabilities. Wired works fine but can also make the neck hurt.

Fields, Equinox 600, Vanquish 540, or Simplex.

Nobody can tell you what the best detector is. You have to do a little research to find out. I'm saying this because everywhere is different like ground mineralization ect ect. And your specific wants are different (what it will be used for). In my opinion Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is a really good starter. I still use mine to this day.

First Team!

I was there 86 -89 and 93 - 97.

You're absolutely correct.

I prefer my ATPro over my equinox 600.

First Team!

I was there 86 -89 and 93 - 97.

You're absolutely correct.

I prefer my ATPro over my equinox 600.

AT Pro over Nox? I was 100% positive about getting a 600 next but now I'm going to have to do some more research on the Pro. Thank you for your service brother.

Back
Top Bottom