New here

Kory Man X

Living in Puerto Rico and looking to get started in the hobby.

I am looking to spend under $1,000 to get started. I am going to be doing a lot of beach hunting. Some in water and some out.

What detectors would be recommended? THank you

I don't own one, but have seen enough YouTube videos of the Equinox 800 to know that for the money (under $1,000), it will do the job for you. Whatever direction you go in, welcome to the forum and happy hunting!

Honesty, stay away from the equinox, you will be sending it in under warranty for flooding issues and you have to pay shipping which adds up, and you will be without a detector for weeks at a time. I've had first hand experience, drowned 2 and went back to and excal.
Try to get a deal on a used excal and spend 150ish on a good scoop?

Best advice I have in salt water would be the Nox. and get a pinpointer and scoop.

Welcome to the forum from Western NY

:fmdfwelcome:

Thank you all for the information. If anyone has anything else. please post it. Thank you!

Regardless of what machine you decide on call our sponsors and let them treat you much better than what you will see in advertisements. Manufacturers set a minimum price that they can advertised at but they can sell for what ever price they want. I can not stress strongly enough call our sponsors. The list is upper right hand side of the page. "Lost all Sponsors."

By the way I envy you. I spent three years in the Navy in PR. Loved it there. Really hated to leave. Good Luck in your quest.

Regardless of what machine you decide on call our sponsors and let them treat you much better than what you will see in advertisements. Manufacturers set a minimum price that they can advertised at but they can sell for what ever price they want. I can not stress strongly enough call our sponsors. The list is upper right hand side of the page. "Lost all Sponsors."

Thank you for this information.

Ah, yes. I miss the islands. Spent the last half of the 80s on St Thomas. That's where I caught this awful malady.

PR was where we went to shop. They had a real Kmart in San Juan

Great bus system too. (Can't drive a sailboat down the street.)

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom