If you have minelab vanquish what do you think of it

2108silver1

I use a equinox 600. I have a340 vanquish as a backup. I really have not used it but a few minutes. Been in the shop on the bench for months. Seems to hit good in my test garden. I can pile rusty nails on a wheat penny and it will read the wheat clear as a bell. I know its not an equinox but I have seen confusing field reports on reviews and YouTube. I figure this 340 would be great long as it had good depth like coins are usually at 6 inches or less and good seperation it would be a fun simple tool. Kinda like a multi freq tesoro compadre. Just wondered what anyone has seen using one.

Last edited:
I just picked up a used 540 this week. Only really got to test it a little in a yard I have hunted before. Found a couple of pennies and a flat copper disc about the size of a half dollar that was sharing the hole with a very rusty nail. I was running coin mode and the disc rang up loud and clear with no noticeable effect from the nail. So far I am very impressed with it. Stable VDI, pinpointing function works fantastic. I just got the V8 coil today so I am going to try and get to the park this week to try it out hunting some clad. There are a couple of areas I have combed with the Simplex and I wanted to see if the Vanquish can find anything I missed.

Back
Top Bottom