pull tabs

rusthunter

FMDF Chat Room Moderator
Forum Supporter
I have only been mding a few days now and 90% of my finds have been pull tabs. I was thinking about it and decided I will start keeping them. The hospitals around here will except pull tabs in large quantities to go twards payment for childrens surgeries. I'm finding them anyways. They may as well go to a good cause. Anyone else ever try any thing like this?

Yes, there's an old post on this. It started as an urban legend, but some charity is now accepting them as a promotion (Ronald McDonald houses?). Originally, the story was that for every 100 (or 1000?), one hour of dialysis time would be given (not true). They have no intrinsic value beyond the regular scrap aluminum value. Check Snopes.com for the story.

My local American Legion saves them. I don't know for what but I'm going to bring these when I ask permission to hunt the picnic area.

Attachments

• SDC10835.JPG
    SDC10835.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 279
When I lived in Florida, a local school district began a quest for 1M pull tabs. My Shrine Club jumped in and collected 2M tabs in about 6 months for them.

I don't know what the scrap value was, but can assure you that 2M pull tabs take up a lot of room in a pickup truck.

Back
Top Bottom