How do you recover rocky stream bed items?

Nad

I have a stream that has a lot of potential going back to the 1830's.The bottom is rock and gravel..What kind of scoop or recovery tool do you use? Depth from dry to 3 feet or so.. Also, foot wear- boots, sneakers, in case of glass?? cordially Nad

I wear reef myself I would think in a stream any sort of foot ware would be OK other than bare feet.

I use the nuttall SS Scoop and I am digging in sand but have heard because of the point and being a beefy scoop it work good in rocks. I am sure some other will jump in..

reefboots.jpg

contestscoop.jpg

I have a stream that has a lot of potential going back to the 1830's.The bottom is rock and gravel..What kind of scoop or recovery tool do you use? Depth from dry to 3 feet or so.. Also, foot wear- boots, sneakers, in case of glass?? cordially Nad
? how cold is the water and can you see the bottom if it's not to cold try fanning that's if you can see the bottom.

I`ve seen guys use an inertube with a 5 gal. bucket inside and tied or fit snug.
The bucket has small holes drilled in the bottom and sides.
If you get an inertube first ..You can then find a round plastic container to fit inside.
Drill the small holes for drainage.Tie it off so it stays close in the river and shovel the gravel into it.
With big tubes you can use big containers.
When the signal dissapears the object is in the bucket.
Dig out the object and flip it over to empty it.
Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom