Finally a Golden Day...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I hooked up with PI-Joe this morning for a short water hunt... we had storms last night and the water was murky and full of seaweed that kept getting wrapped around our coils making swinging a real chore... we quit after 90 minutes of hunting but not before I found 2 pieces of 14k gold... one a medal and the other a 7 gram wedding band... too bad it was so light but gold is gold...

Joe swooped down on me as soon as I found the ring ;) I heard him coming that pulse in my headphones.. I let him pass me and after he was out of range I found the small gold medal then he called me a bad name I can't repeat here and quit for the day :lol:

Joe.. I love you like a brother but stay away from me and my trough... go find your own :D

I'll post Joes meager finds first and then mine after the finds I'll post Joes picture and then myself... and finally his scoop... Don't dig in the rocks with an aluminum scoop Joe :lol:

Attachments

• 2009_05150006.jpg
    2009_05150006.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 674
  • 2009_05150008.jpg
    2009_05150008.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 676
  • 2009_05150002.jpg
    2009_05150002.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 695
  • 2009_05150004.jpg
    2009_05150004.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 678
  • 2009_05150005.jpg
    2009_05150005.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 663
Come on Craig!? You call me over to show me the ring and i was happy for you.......................I think :roll: You set me up (dam rocks) :mad: Oh well!
Nice finds Craigy boy! :p

Come on Craig!? You call me over to show me the ring and i was happy for you.......................I think :roll: You set me up (dam rocks) :mad: Oh well!
Nice finds Craigy boy! :p

Yeah I invited you over but not to hunt with me especially after calling me that bad name :lol:

You know me and my love of hunting where others don't like to ;)

Congrats Craig. Looks like all the hard work at the gym is paying off !

Booker 1200 calories a day plus working outside and the gym is paying off for sure ;) I'm about 70% of where I want to be... I figure another 3 months then I can relax a little bit but never go back to eating the way I did in the past... I just have to make sure I continue to do all the cooking :)

Gold is always nice. Then I saw that scoop and went:wow: That wouldn't happen to be a sunspot would it? Reason I ask is I just bought one (for digging in the rocks) and seeing that pic's got me scratching my head now.

Gold is always nice. Then I saw that scoop and went:wow: That wouldn't happen to be a sunspot would it? Reason I ask is I just bought one (for digging in the rocks) and seeing that pic's got me scratching my head now.

Well... if its aluminum it could... I hunt the rocky spots Joe didn't like it... I told him next time he can use my Babbs scoop with the stainless lip like the one I was hunting with today..

Lol

JOE C'MON TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT THE DINGED UP SCOOP! YA REALLY
"EL KABONGED" CRAIG WITH IT AFTER HE PULLED THE ONLY GOLD.BE HONEST DUDE!:lol:
NICE DAY OUT GUYS.CONGRATS CRAIG!
DAVE

Attachments

• AAAelkabong.jpg
    AAAelkabong.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 560
JOE C'MON TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT THE DINGED UP SCOOP! YA REALLY
"EL KABONGED" CRAIG WITH IT AFTER HE PULLED THE ONLY GOLD.BE HONEST DUDE!:lol:
NICE DAY OUT GUYS.CONGRATS CRAIG!
DAVE

Dave... the hunting conditions were terrible... the seaweed was a foot deep sitting on the bottom, you couldn't see the coil 6 inches down, there was huge rocks that you bumped into just under the surface, you had to take baby steps so you wouldn't trip over them and the seaweed would get tangled around the coil and shaft making it feel like you were swinging a 200 pound detector... but those are the spots I prefer to hunt and in the past have produced the best finds for me... I'm very happy others don't like searching such area's :)

Yeah

Dave... the hunting conditions were terrible... the seaweed was a foot deep sitting on the bottom, you couldn't see the coil 6 inches down, there was huge rocks that you bumped into just under the surface, you had to take baby steps so you wouldn't trip over them and the seaweed would get tangles around the coil and shaft making it feel like you were swinging a 200 pound detector... but those are the spots I prefer to hunt and in the past have produced the best finds for me... I'm very happy others don't like searching such area's :)
I CAN IMAGINE HOW IT WAS.PATIENCE AND PERSISTANCE AND YOU HAVE THAT QUALITY.JOE ON THE OTHER HAND?:lol: J/K JOE;) YOUR PERSISTANCE PAYS OFF TIME AFTER TIME.THATS WHERE THE STUFF GETS TRAPPED AND STAYS.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND YOU GUYS!
DAVE

I CAN IMAGINE HOW IT WAS.PATIENCE AND PERSISTANCE AND YOU HAVE THAT QUALITY.JOE ON THE OTHER HAND?:lol: J/K JOE;) YOUR PERSISTANCE PAYS OFF TIME AFTER TIME.THATS WHERE THE STUFF GETS TRAPPED AND STAYS.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND YOU GUYS!
DAVE

You hit it on the head... I don't mind digging in a trashy area with a PI but Joe does not like it a bit... he should have an Excalibur leave the PI hunting to me :lol: Dave... we are going to hit the dirt soon... let us hit it once then we will somehow pick you up for a hunt... we won't be as mean to you are your other hunting buds are ;)

Back
Top Bottom