• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox 600 update?

Here is what you will see.
Next you hook up your detector via usb and turn on.

Attachments

• 8FB7FA4C-F4F8-4754-86E8-1ADB95FC4886.jpg
    8FB7FA4C-F4F8-4754-86E8-1ADB95FC4886.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 384
Then you will turn on your detector and this is what you will see.
Notice my detector has latest update installed.

Attachments

• F6D0A502-A633-4A7E-AE0B-72CAED84951D.jpg
    F6D0A502-A633-4A7E-AE0B-72CAED84951D.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 376
I backed out the update. My machine appeared less stable hitting targets. I've done the resets and reinstalled multiple times. I always came back to the same conclusion that I liked the original version.

If your machine works better with the old software version than there is something wrong with your detector IMO. I saw a noticable improvement after the update on my 800. The fact that the machine will not ID silver on edge with old software is reason enough to never go back to old version even if you notice no other improvements.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If your machine works better with the old software version than there is something wrong with your detector IMO. I saw a noticable improvement after the update on my 800. The fact that the machine will not ID silver on edge with old software is reason enough to never go back to old version even if you notice no other improvements.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Agreed.
Sound is more important than the numbers either way IMHO.

I have my 800 set to the original version and my newer 600 has the latest software version.
I’ll probably upgrade the 800 to the latest version at some point but for now I like comparing targets with both to see the results when I’m able to do so.

Back
Top Bottom