• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

legal places to search

miss ellie

I am just starting out and will be getting my MD (ace 250) tonight, and would like to try it out this weekend. I have heard public places are OK to search with out getting permission from anyone, like parks,fairgrounds,beaches etc. I live in central Ohio and don't know if permits are required. If anyone knows or can give me info on this and suggestions where to search,please let me know. Thanks, Miss Ellie

You said,

I have heard public places are OK to search with out getting permission from anyone, like parks,fairgrounds,beaches etc.

This isn't true. I've found most schools are ok, but I can't hunt the park in town, you can't hunt all beaches, and the fairgrounds around here have a fence around them for a reason. You have to be informed. Rob

Around here most school grounds are off limits after school hours. If caught it could be a ticket.

It is always wise to gain permission.

I have asked for permission on schools, churches, city parks, etc. I usually get the response No one one has ever asked' I tell'em that it is out of respect and that I want them to know who is out there not causing problems. They appreciate it. I appreciate it cause several places that were off limits to others are now open to me.

Guys go to your profiles and list were you guys are from. It would make your posts more meaningful. Rob

Back
Top Bottom