• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Metal detector hand grip recommendations

CalReg

Forum Supporter
My Tarsacci is well designed, the handle is smooth carbon fiber, but did not come with a rubber hand grip (like my Simplex). When I first start out, it's not a problem, but as the day wears on, it can get a little slippery. Not a big deal, but does anyone have any grip tape recommendations? Thanks!

Tarsacci handle.jpg

My Tarsacci is well designed, the handle is smooth carbon fiber, but did not come with a rubber hand grip (like my Simplex). When I first start out, it's not a problem, but as the day wears on, it can get a little slippery. Not a big deal, but does anyone have any grip tape recommendations? Thanks!

View attachment 466552

I use vet wrap on mine. I get it at Tractor Supply. It comes in several colors and is cheap.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/andover-coflex-vet-bandage-4-in-neon-green?cm_vc=-10005

Cliff
This is the same thing I use. Other than I pick mine up in the sports medicine section of the drugstore. Works well and easy to replace when it gets dirty.

I use 3M vetrap. It sticks to itself but does not get sticky in the hand. I tried other brands and did not like the glue in my hand after using the machine. When it gets to looking bad i just take it off and replace.

This is the same thing I use. Other than I pick mine up in the sports medicine section of the drugstore. Works well and easy to replace when it gets dirty.
I use 3M vetrap. It sticks to itself but does not get sticky in the hand. I tried other brands and did not like the glue in my hand after using the machine. When it gets to looking bad i just take it off and replace.
Try Tractor Supply. They have the best price I've found and a good selection of colors if you care about that. I believe it is 3M brand too.

Cliff

Cliff I bought vetrap from Tractor Supply and trying to get the glue off my hands after a day at the beach made the higher price of the 3M brand worth while.

I got the Winn fishing rod grip wraps on my Equinox and love it. All different colors and patterns. I already had some from wrapping my favorite fishing rods. I have no affiliation. I just like the grip.

http://www.winngripsfishing.com/products/grips/overwrap/

Overwrap
• Made with highly advanced Winn Dry polymer material.
• Simple to install, scissors is only tool needed.
• Works well on all surfaces, cork, EVA, or directly on the blank.
• Tacky and comfortable in wet, cold, hot and humid conditions.
• High durability, will last for years.
• Also can be used on net, gaff, and kayak handles.
• Available in 44” and 96” lengths in 30mm width.

That has glue. The vet wrap is easy to change when it gets dirty. Just peel it off and re-wrap.

Cliff[/QUOTe

Cliff you got the good stuff. My local Tractor supply had a different brand and it left glue on my hands. Between the glue and the sand that stuck it was a mess.

That has glue. The vet wrap is easy to change when it gets dirty. Just peel it off and re-wrap.

Cliff[/QUOTe

Cliff you got the good stuff. My local Tractor supply had a different brand and it left glue on my hands. Between the glue and the sand that stuck it was a mess.
I've never seen vet wrap with glue. I guess I got lucky. My wife uses it often for various things. It comes in handy.

Cliff

Cliff

Good to know. Have used F4 type tape mentioned in another thread. There's a 3M equivalent mastic electrical tape with no adhesive.

Back
Top Bottom