Brass/Copper Pill Bottle?

olfart

Hunting the old house site on our place this afternoon, I unearthed a small green brass or copper tube with a push-out cap. No visible markings, just a small button that would have been used to push the cap out. The tube was probably smashed by the bulldozer we had come in to bury the trash that was on our place when we bought it 38 years ago.

Unfortunately I got carried away and used pliers to pull the cap, and I split the cap. Probably should have used PB Blaster or penetrating oil to loosen the cap first.

Attachments

• Copper tube.jpg
    Copper tube.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Copper tube 1.jpg
    Copper tube 1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Copper tube 2.jpg
    Copper tube 2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 181
The "slider button" on the side is attached to the cap. The notch that it fits into is only as deep as the diameter of the button. I'm not convinced it's a lipstick tube. I'm thinking maybe a perfume dispenser to fit in a purse. That could explain the tiny hole just under the cap.

Well, my elevator finally made it to the top floor. You're right. It's a lipstick tube. :newidea:

All this grey hair was obviously colored by dying brain cells.

I was looking at the base of the lipstick tube and thinking it was the cap and the outer case was the container.

Well, my elevator finally made it to the top floor. You're right. It's a lipstick tube. :newidea:

All this grey hair was obviously colored by dying brain cells.

I was looking at the base of the lipstick tube and thinking it was the cap and the outer case was the container.
We'll forgive you. Just don't let it happen again.[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom