it Starts with just One and Then....

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Had a Dr.'s appointment this morning because of my left knee. Had xray's last week and soon a MRI. Well my clad park is in the same town and I also had to get a new windshield for my Avalanche. An oil tanker threw a nice rock at it this weekend and well it was history.

Kids are on spring break and a lot were there playing. LOTS of teenagers rolling down the hill!! So I didn't play there but I am thinking my quarters will be replenished soon!

I went to a hill by ONE of the baseball diamonds and WOW. So many signals I started passing up quarters even 3" deep. There is absolutely NO WAY I can hit this whole park before I leave.

First picture is the coins as I pulled them out of my pocket.

Totals, 120 quarters exactly today, 5 dimes, 3 nickels and 5 pennies. I now have over 200.00 in just quarters from this place. Unbelievable even for me. I am glad this park hasn't been hit in a very long time. Thanks all you Utahans for letting me have some amusement while I am here!

Had a Dr.'s appointment this morning because of my left knee. Had xray's last week and soon a MRI. Well my clad park is in the same town and I also had to get a new windshield for my Avalanche. An oil tanker threw a nice rock at it this weekend and well it was history.

Kids are on spring break and a lot were there playing. LOTS of teenagers rolling down the hill!! So I didn't play there but I am thinking my quarters will be replenished soon!

I went to a hill by ONE of the baseball diamonds and WOW. So many signals I started passing up quarters even 3" deep. There is absolutely NO WAY I can hit this whole park before I leave.

First picture is the coins as I pulled them out of my pocket.

Totals, 120 quarters exactly today, 5 dimes, 3 nickels and 5 pennies. I now have over 200.00 in just quarters from this place. Unbelievable even for me. I am glad this park hasn't been hit in a very long time. Thanks all you Utahans for letting me have some amusement while I am here!

Can I ask what park this is? Or you can tell me when you leave! Still trying to learn the ins and outs of this hobby and if this park is in the salt lake valley clearly I'm missing something!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Or maybe it's impolite to ask where? I'm new on etiquette :)

Or maybe it's impolite to ask where? I'm new on etiquette :)

No problem. I have posted pictures of it. It is in Roosevelt. There are signs saying No metal detecting allowed, BUT I asked for and got permission because I only use a screwdriver. PLEASE do not dig. One person can ruin the park for everyone.

Today I hunted the blue rectangle. Yesterday the red one and when I first started the black one. That one gave up the most quarters as it is a sledding hill. it looks like this:

If I was finding tons of silver I wouldn't give this spot up. Only a Chose the Right ring so far.

IF you haven't hunted the sledding hill at Sugarhouse park, you are missing a LOT. I hunted it when I lived in Taylorsville and always found lots of change in the spring.

Awesome! That's like 3 hours away from me so... Enjoy the dirt!

Can I ask what park this is? Or you can tell me when you leave! Still trying to learn the ins and outs of this hobby and if this park is in the salt lake valley clearly I'm missing something!

Good grieff. I can't believe there's no jewelry coming out of there!!

I guess it's not surprising he's hitting pay dirt if there's​ a "no detecting" sign up?

How do you go about permission in a situation like that?

I guess it's not surprising he's hitting pay dirt if there's​ a "no detecting" sign up?

How do you go about permission in a situation like that?

Very easy. Go to the police and talk to the chief. He said there is an ordinance prohibiting it HOWEVER, if the park superintendent doesn't care they don't.

So I go to him, give him my business card and tell him how I detect with a screwdriver only. He gave me the green light.

Be professional, state what you want to do and how and a lot of times you can get your foot in the door.

I lived here for 19 years. I was a state cop in Ephraim and a Salt Lake County Constable for a while.

As I said, Sugarhouse park is a clad farm also on the sledding hill. It was in the 1990's.

Wait you dug 120 quarters today alone?!?!? That's incredible!!! Nice haul!

If you can see the blue rectangle, at the left end of it is the concession stand for all 4 baseball diamonds. LOL, I think that is how I made my killing today. Lots of quarters in piles! LOVE this place for clad and messing around.

Holy mackerel!! That is a great haul in clad, even if you didn't find gold.

I am staying away from most the nickel signals unless they are in pocket spills. It is just too hard for me to keep getting up and down. My left knee is swollen and it pops. Pennies, nickels and dimes can be found by someone else. If there is gold there they can have that also. I get mine underwater where it is easy to dig and play.

There are a lot more hills in this park. More around another diamond. My container of clad that I had in the contest is now over 3/4ths full. By next week I should have it full if the other hills produce like these ones did.

Only time will tell.

PLEASE, if anyone comes to detect this place, DO NOT bring a shovel and ruin this park for all. Don't leave a single trace of being there. Thanks.

Nice work there Dee! On the whole gig there! As a stabber, I'd go completely nuts in a place like that! :laughing::laughing:

You might want to try the 'Giraffe stoop N stab' method? Its a lot easier on the knees and pretty much eliminates overall body stress?

Congrats on the haul. Sounds like you got a great location since you followed proper procedure in obtaining permission... Great job...

Way to go! Only problem with giving up spots is the next guy will care less what you say and dig the whole place with a pick axe. One by my house I can never hunt again because someone destroyed the park with holes. I popped them with a screwdriver and left the park cleaner than when I came. They used a shovel:roll: Now even the soccer field is gated with an 8 foot security fence. Luckily some places we know the cops and they know you wont tear stuff up. If someone else gets caught they may get banned from all parks if they get an attitude:lol:

$ 30.75

Wow, you can almost pay your doctor will with that haul. I found a gold ring (10K) that was worth less than your clad. And your so generous with sharing the location. Great post.
HH everyone

If someone does ruin it I guess I will have learned a lesson. If I see ANYONE with a shovel while I am here I will call the police.

I don't mind sharing clad. I don't mind sharing silver and gold either. I can't get it all.

Back
Top Bottom