Blisstool Demo in White Plains, NY 8-15-12

Terry Soloman

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
On Wednesday, August 15, 2012, The Hudson Valley History Detectives, of White Plains, New York, will host the exclusive American Distributors of the Blisstool metal detector http://www.blisstoolusa.com/Products.html for a demonstration and side-by-side depth and sensitivity comparisons with other machines including the Minelab GPX 5000, CTX 3030, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Sand Shark, Cibola, Garrett AT Pro - and more!

If you are in the area and would like to attend, email me at [email protected] for the time and address. Check out our Club Facebook page for updates http://facebook.com/HudsonValleyHistoryDetectives

Now it would be awsome to see a video of this shootout for the ones that can't make it because we might just be 10.000 miles away....:(

We will be filming! This will be cool if I can get all of our club members to bring their machines - Minelab GPX 5000, ETrac, CTX 3030, Sov, Garrett AT Pro, Whites V3I, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq and the list goes on!

I Here Ya

Make sure you post the flick on the forum Terry,we would all like to see the out come,i have seen it perform,wondering if the 15dd coil is as heavy as my F75se 15dd ,which is to heavy,check it out,Earl

Pretty Good

Could you tell us how the test turned out? How was the blisstool compared to the other detectors, in depth, discrimination, ecc...???

We did depth tests at 8” in heavily mineralized soil with two targets, a Liberty Silver Dime, and a 14K gold men’s wedding band (5-grams). We dug two plugs, and pushed the targets into the wall of the hole, then refilled it and tamped it down.

Tests were done with a normal walking and hunting swing approach and pass over, and pinpointing the targets (just swinging directly over the targets). Using MINIMAL Discrimination (set just above Iron), the following machines either struggled with or missed one, or both targets:

CTX 3030; XP Deus; Whites DFX; Tesoro Lobo Super Traq; Whites V3i; Fisher F75; Bounty Hunter Platinum; Garrett AT Pro.

The Bisstool V3 with an 11” coil nailed both targets clearly from every direction it approached from. Every other machine struggled, and even the XP Deus owner and the three CTX 3030 operators said they probably would not have dug the signals they were getting. When I popped the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq into ALL METAL, I could hear both targets clearly, but NOT in Discriminate mode. There ARE drawbacks to the Blisstool.

It is not a beginner machine, and is a one tone, 12-knob Monster! The coils are NOT interchangeable between machines, and are made for the specific machine they are to be used on. They are expensive. So there are NO aftermarket coils, or replacing yours with one off of Ebay.

It hits on ALL Metal, even with full discrimination, but the signal is “broken” and has a different modulation than no-ferrous targets. So you are still getting signals, no silent discrimination.

Because the machine has to go back to Bulgaria for repairs, it takes a long time and shipping is expensive. Blisstool USA will give you a “loner” while yours is being repaired, but I still don’t know who pays all the shipping involved.

I will be testing the machine in Arizona Gold country this fall. I’m not completely sold on the machine yet, but I was certainly impressed by its ability to nail a silver dime in hot dirt at 8”. It sounded like a quarter at 4” with the CTX 3030 and XP Deus. Just saying.. :cool:

The main problem I see in the blisstool, from the videos I have seen, is that there is no difference between a signal at 2 inches and one at 11... Am I wrong?
From what I have read this is a big issue since you can't really tell the depth of the item in question.

Also I have read that the controls interact with one another in a way that setting up the machine properly is not an easy task.

Last question I have for you is how it would behave in a trashy area, since it has a 11" coil and a bigger one. I have not seen any small coils to be able to hunt in trashy areas.

Also how is the discrimination and the recovery speed of the detector? Did you do any tests?

The main problem I see in the blisstool, from the videos I have seen, is that there is no difference between a signal at 2 inches and one at 11... Am I wrong?
From what I have read this is a big issue since you can't really tell the depth of the item in question.

Also I have read that the controls interact with one another in a way that setting up the machine properly is not an easy task.

Last question I have for you is how it would behave in a trashy area, since it has a 11" coil and a bigger one. I have not seen any small coils to be able to hunt in trashy areas.

Also how is the discrimination and the recovery speed of the detector? Did you do any tests?

Signal strength is how you determine depth, just like with the Tesoro Lobo. You raise the coil above the target while pinpointing until it goes quiet, easy enough and common for us nuggetshooters.

As I said, Twelve Controls.. You have to know what you're doing to use this machine. It runs on the ragged edge and very hot.

Not good in trashy areas obviously, however the seperation is Excellent! Recovery is instantaneous, an it has the ability to recognize good targets like a three-ring bullet laying ON a big piece of iron.

As I said, impessive but with some serious downsides.

So signal strength is noticeable? Well that is good. Now the issue is how much can you "tell" the depth considering that it's a very deep searching unit. I am wondering if there is any noticeable difference between a 7 inch deep target and a 12 inch one.
Also you didn't tell me if you tested out the discrimination to see how well it does it's job.

I am asking all this questions since sometimes I have considered selling the v3i to buy the blisstool, only problem is that we do have lots of trash here and I am afraid the blisstool will just not manage all the trash well even if it has good separation feature.

Back
Top Bottom