It really hurts

Man! I'm so sorry to hear this Kenny! Nothing can shut a guy down more than that lower back pain when those muscles spasm and lock up!!

Along with all the great advice about stretching and all, I will add...theres these belts you can buy at the Home Depot...really wide and with elastic velcro fasteners...Intended to support that area of a guys back and direct the forces elsewhere...Like some sort of magic Cumberbund!

Guys bucking bundles of shingles up a ladder all day long, carrying off centered loads like sheets of 3/4" plywood or 12' sheets of drywall...5 gal pails of paint, sacks of concrete, tossing square hay bales etc..Construction guys use these belts (Olympic Weightlifters too) and they do work...

Also, it really does help to take an aspirin BEFORE hand! Like right in the morning first thing as you are waiting for the initial pot of coffee to come to a boil...while waiting, lay on the floor on your back and gently rotate your lower lumbar area and stretch...Very deliberately and Gently though...have The Weather Channel on and just try to relax and focus on a gently stretch of your hips and lower back........

Teeter Tables also work...especially for spinal compression...so see if you can try one out? I bought one off of CL a year or two ago and it was money well spent to get a guy lined up without a Chiropractor...

Once a guys back locks up good and tight though...you gotta figure out a way to get those muscles to relax...Flexerils, Tramadol, sometimes that 'Tens' electronic machine with the little stick on electrodes even can get those muscles to unlock...

Or Beer...lots and lots of beer works for me also! Readily available and No prescription required!...although, If I take an aspirin right off the bat, do those gentle stretches, drink some coffee, log into the Forum...relax my mind and body..Yeah!...I'm pretty good to go until the beer store opens at 7am!:laughing:

WOW Mud,, That sure is a lot of good advice from you. I am using one of the Tens units. Don't have the beer yet. I have been doing some stretching too. I am sure I will be OK soon. Thanks my friend... KEN

That is good, while I don't have back problems myself, I have heard of some who seemed to have more problems after surgery, not saying that there is no successful back surgery, but from what I heard it's better if you can fix such problems without surgery.

I think you are right.. I don't like being cut on.. KEN

I'm glad you are looking at some of the options the Membership here suggested Ken...Theres about nothing worse than lower back pain...

If you can find a solution as mentioned or a mixture of some of them combined, that is the trick.....I would add, Stay well away from any kind of clinical 'pain' therapy your doctor may suggest...and especially surgery unless its in extreme situation where you got a blown out disc or something...Brother jwp1964 came through his back operation successful last Summer, he was really hurting...but it seems its either all good or all bad and in his case, he happened to win.....

Man..be super careful if you get prescribed any kind of opioid based pills Brother...I know its the last resort, but so many people make it their first option...I've got a fused C4,5,6...from a broken neck back in 1976...the doc back then used a section of my leg bone since he didnt think I'd ever be walking again...:laughing:

It was actually comical when he said it like that! As I laid there paralyzed from the shoulders down! "You wont be needing this leg bone buddy, lets just jam it in there and try to keep your head from falling off as you get pushed around in a wheelchair for the rest of your Life!!":laughing:

Let us know if any of these suggestions work for you...You can help somebody else dealing with this as we all will eventually...When it comes to back pain, wearing the right pants, not sitting on a wallet, and even just getting the right shoes can make a World of difference...Blessings to you and yours Ken...

Thanks Mud for all the good wisdome.

No, I am not going to the doctor. I hate pills. I take enough of them. And I ain't going to get cut on. Had enough of that too. I also have C5, C6, C7 fused. It was in 1970 I was jumping on a trampoline in school. Some how I missed. I don't even remember hitting the floor. About 4 days later I woke up. Had no idea what happened. And did not know why I was in the hospital all tied up.
Took me a few years to get going good again. My old neck has had 3 surgeries since than.
Now my lower back hurts. Almost a pain in the a$$....
Any way. You take care... KEN :D

I've got back problems as well. Maybe not as bad as you do. But I've got a buddy of mine, I called him one day and he sounded like he was hurting. He said he was in the doctors office, and he doesn't go to a doctor. Said his back was hurting. A few weeks later I called, asked about his back because he sounded normal. He said the doctor was worthless. Said he looked up his symptoms on the internet and found some yoga exercises, he swears by that now. So these guys here suggesting yoga might just be onto something.

I was throwing my back out at least once a year. I went with an inversion table. Work's like a charm for me. I suppose the underlying reason for the pain matters most. My issue feels like a bulging disc. Hanging upside down stretches the spine and allows things to return where they belong.
They're available on amazon starting at about 60 bucks and up. I spent 180 on mine. I can't recommend it enough.
Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks you all..
I have taken some of your advice. I been doing some stretching. Found some yoga to do that helps the lower back. And Alive. Have not tried Jack Daniels yet.
Thank you again.. KEN :D

When the back starts up with KT, He puts on an elastic wrap waist band for the day, and spends 15 minutes in the morning and evening on the Royal Inversion Table. Even set at only 15 degrees, KT gets a lot of relief! A single Aleve each morning once this starts up, and usually within a couple of days everything is settled back to normal, without shots, visits to the doctor, or prescription meds.

Wishing you the best and relief from your problem!

When the back starts up with KT, He puts on an elastic wrap waist band for the day, and spends 15 minutes in the morning and evening on the Royal Inversion Table. Even set at only 15 degrees, KT gets a lot of relief! A single Aleve each morning once this starts up, and usually within a couple of days everything is settled back to normal, without shots, visits to the doctor, or prescription meds.

Wishing you the best and relief from your problem!

Thank you KT. You are the man.
I have taken some good advice from many on here.
I take Aleve,
Been doing yoga stretching.
Going to Wal Mart to walk, ( been cold and rainy here ).
I need to get one of them back brace things, I seen an advertisment on TV about a back brace that Humana will pay for it. I should call that #.

Again, Thank you KT..... KEN :D

Back
Top Bottom