Pair of Rosies

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Today, I re-hit an old undeveloped dirt lot. I was picking the leftovers from all the other cherry pickers. Thank goodness for the bunch of nickels they left behind...

I found a couple of silver dimes, 1956 and a 1962-D in two separate holes about 6' apart. In both cases, the dimes were underneath or adjacent to nickels. The first find the nickel was 5" down and the dime was 8" down. For the other recovery the nickel was 4" down and the dime was 6" down.

Attachments

• Finds 04092017 004.jpg
    Finds 04092017 004.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 98
  • Finds 04092017 005.jpg
    Finds 04092017 005.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Finds 04092017 003.jpg
    Finds 04092017 003.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 101
Looks like your persistence paid off. Getting those nickels out of the way gave you access to the silver.:D I am sure it was worth the extra effort to get those Rosies.:yes:

Thanks....and appreciated!

Awesome digs Jak congrats !

Thanks cellrdwellr, it always feel good to just find one piece of silver...

Looks like your persistence paid off. Getting those nickels out of the way gave you access to the silver.:D I am sure it was worth the extra effort to get those Rosies.:yes:

Thanks...foreverrich. I usually hunt out those nickels. It seems when I am lucky, I get a silver or a thin ring in the nickel range.

Thanks...and for your comments

Grats on the silver man! I am curious though what's with that bell? To me it seems like the cooler find ��! Happy Hunting

Thanks SKMKS! That bell is like an old Christmas sleigh bell, I have not cleaned it up yet. It is about 1-1/2" wide, it appears made of heavy thick brass and is packed with dirt.

MetalHead

Congrats on silver & the other finds!

Thanks Sataro...It is always nice to find that silver!

Silver is so shiny in the dirt. Nice finds

Thanks Mr. Bill....that's what I like about dirt silver vs. beach finds...but I will take both!

Back
Top Bottom