First this first that many first finds for me NICE MIX!

SKMKSMetalHead

Forum Supporter
Well then I was able to get a couple Hunts in here recently. My wife hunted with me as well! We went out to south eastern Kansas to a town called chanute also hunted near an old 1888 school and in the cowtown Abilene! I found my first cub/Boy Scout items, first lock first spoon and also a pair of sun glasses. A whistle to hoot and 3.55 in clad. We also Metal detected a couple rest stops along the way. FUN weekend and success in the hunt. The spoon use to be silver plated apparently but that's worn and gone... it's a spoon about the Merrimack went down near Cuba. The lock is a slaymaker which had been in business between 1880s - 1980s. The neat piece of iron was found near the old school. I need to put together and electrolysis kit!! Anyhow enjoy folks I know I did!! Happy Hunting!!! O ya the shells and bones were eye ball finds lol!! The tobacco sign was found in a farmers field its porcelain from the 1920s. My wife has yet to clean up her finds it was nice to get out with her picked her up a garret carrot and Tesoro Mojave. She enjoyed herself still learning the hobby she didn't score as much as I did but she said it was a blast! To future hunts!!

MetalHead

Attachments

• IMG_2170.jpg
    IMG_2170.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_2173.jpg
    IMG_2173.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_2171.jpg
    IMG_2171.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_2174.jpg
    IMG_2174.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
More pictures wahooo!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_2172.jpg
    IMG_2172.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 291
Is that piece of ornate iron maybe the feet from one side of an early school desk? I've found two, one was pretty small, like for kindergarten kids. Looks similar. This is the smaller one I found (in Junction City, Kansas!)

Attachments

• Small Vicrtorian school desk piece.jpg
    Small Vicrtorian school desk piece.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 263
More pictures wahooo!!!

What kind of bones are those...

I pulled a weird looking bone out of the ocean on one of my trips to Israel... Thought it was a whale bone or something, and I thought I'd take it home and scrimshaw it.... One day I was watching a TV program and they said that human bones are porous and "stick" to your tongue. So I reached up, grabbed the bone and licked it.And the bone sort-of stuck to my tongue.

Totally weirded me out. And now I'm stuck with a bone sitting on my shelf that may be human, and I have NO IDEA what to do with it, how old it is, or what. It looks like a 5-6" section of a tibia.

It was at a beach that was a crusader port. That sucker could be old or recent... with Israel, I just don't know. But what is certain is that I have what is probably a tibia sitting on my shelf. Just weird. LOL

I'm still hoping it's not, and I'll scrimshaw it... but the whole thing has changed my view of picking up bones. LOL

Yours look like femurs. What animal?

Skippy

Is that piece of ornate iron maybe the feet from one side of an early school desk? I've found two, one was pretty small, like for kindergarten kids. Looks similar. This is the smaller one I found (in Junction City, Kansas!)

That's a good possibility. I want to clean it up wth electolisis I think your right though!

What kind of bones are those...

I pulled a weird looking bone out of the ocean on one of my trips to Israel... Thought it was a whale bone or something, and I thought I'd take it home and scrimshaw it.... One day I was watching a TV program and they said that human bones are porous and "stick" to your tongue. So I reached up, grabbed the bone and licked it.And the bone sort-of stuck to my tongue.

Totally weirded me out. And now I'm stuck with a bone sitting on my shelf that may be human, and I have NO IDEA what to do with it, how old it is, or what. It looks like a 5-6" section of a tibia.

It was at a beach that was a crusader port. That sucker could be old or recent... with Israel, I just don't know. But what is certain is that I have what is probably a tibia sitting on my shelf. Just weird. LOL

I'm still hoping it's not, and I'll scrimshaw it... but the whole thing has changed my view of picking up bones. LOL

Yours look like femurs. What animal?

Skippy

I'm thinking a raccoon or coyote mabey a fox?? Interesting story to say the least lol!

You got it right Great Mix , congrats , the ornate piece reminds me of sewing ,aching side. :?: :?: ,,,,,HH

You got it right Great Mix , congrats , the ornate piece reminds me of sewing ,aching side. :?: :?: ,,,,,HH

Great digs congrats! I especially like the enamel tobacco sign!

Thanks a million!! Such a fun hobby my wife enjoyed it with me and my oldest daughter will get to go out and dig treasure this summer with me as well!!

MetalHead

Really nice collection of relics. Those signs are really valuable as a collectible.:yes: The spoon is also very unusual. I would say you two had quite a successful trip. Congratulations !!

Congrats on some great looking finds. That tobacco sign is a great eyeball find. Sounds like you & the wife had a great weekend hunting together...

Really nice collection of relics. Those signs are really valuable as a collectible.:yes: The spoon is also very unusual. I would say you two had quite a successful trip. Congratulations !!
Thanks and we had a great time. The spoon and sign are my favorites for sure
You got a nice variety of this and that! Interesting pieces.
Thank you sir and it's amazing what comes out of he ground!

Congrats on the good time and all the finds!!
Thank you kindly!
Congrats on some great looking finds. That tobacco sign is a great eyeball find. Sonds li,e you & the wife had a great weekend hunting together...
Thank you sir and the sign was actually just under the surface found with the detector! I can't wait to get out again.

Back
Top Bottom