Where are your ancestors from?

James

My ancestors from one side are the American Indian, and the other side came over on the Mayflower from England(1620). It would be interesting to hear from the rest of you. Our metal detecting finds are from all walks of life like us.

I can trace my roots back to the 1550s in Alcannings, England... came over in the early to mid 1600s and settled CT.

well i have traced my great grandfather on my dads side . he came to america from Norway around 1900. on my moms side they are from sweden,irland and a few other places in Europe. so i am just a mut lol. but our famalys claim to fame is the Norwegian heritage.

Polish immigrants that settled in PA to do some coal mining. Then started a huge dairy farm in upstate N.Y.

Other half is from the ball that Italy kicks. No dates.

My heritage is Scot, Irish and German. The Scots came to America in 1640, the Germans in the 1900s, before 1910, and the Irish I haven't pinned down yet beyond it being before the Civil War.

my dads side of the family homesteaded in arkansas in 1836
my moms side was in Nebraska dont know how long

Scottish on my father's side. Puerto Rico and before that Spain on
my mother's. The oldest document related to my family I've uncovered
is this 1920 census record when my father had just been born. Funny,
he had a sister I never knew about and a boarder living in their house
from Germany!

Attachments

• Daddy's census.jpg
    Daddy's census.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 165
Mine is German, French, Scot, Irish, English, and Native American. Some of the German is confusing because by reading some documents, I found my great-grandmother was born in Schlessien (sp?), which I found was Silesia. Silesia WAS in Germany, but transferred to Poland (and most Germans evicted) during the Soviet occupation after WWII. So, I don't know whether or not to claim Polish ancestry too. :)

-- Tom

The ones I am aware of are the Creek indians in South Alabama. William Weatherford " Red Eagle" is said to be my Great great grandfather. SO it is told. Other side Came over on a boat And setted in North Carolina before moving south back in the 1800s. But who really knows!

as far as i know the Brasher side of me comes from france in the 1500s-1400s thats as far as i got. used to be de jocas Brassier (: but theres some speculation on the de jocas. apparently that is a certain line. some of the people on my moms side are from Germany way back

Now Frank, would it be the Third tree from the left, or the Third tree from the other left? Do they just hang around to cabbige in on your high dollar finds? Thanks for the reply Frank.

Like I said 3rd tree from the left either left works LOL Yep they love the money just not the work that goes along with it. Actually I think we are part german and part mutt

My dad's family are Wendish Germans. Wends are mostly farmers known for forage and hay production. They landed at Galveston in the late 1800's and settled around Giddings, Texas. In the early 1900's many Wendish families moved to north Texas to farm the rich sandy loam soil. Still known for it's high quality alfalfa production.
My mom's family (Brady) is of Russian decent and lived around Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Back
Top Bottom