I've FINALLY decided......and that's FINAL!!

Ziggen

I have been researching new detectors for a while now, at least a month. At one point I was settled on a particular brand and model, only to change my mind....several times :?::?::?:

The information and comments on these forums has been invaluable to my decision, which I can finally say is set in stone. I have ordered my new set up. I am ridiculously excited! :yes::yes::yes:

I am getting the Fisher F2 with 11" DD coil, Garrett ProPointer, and Lesche. All within my budget. Not to shabby IMO :cool:

I would like to thank all the members here, who take the time to answer questions, share experience, and give advice. I also give major props to Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, one of the sponsors of the forum, for a knock out job with helping with my order. I have not received this type of customer service from anyone in a long time.

HH and GL all!

Ziggy

Sounds like a great setup. Be sure to post some nice finds soon....:yes: (I hear good things about Bart)

The F2....
I bought mine as a backup but I found so much so easily, (once I learned some of the language), and it was so much fun to use that it became pretty much my main detector for about 3 years.
When I upgraded I stayed in the Fisher family and got the F70.
All those hours with the F2 learning that language was not wasted and most transferred right over.
The learning curve was shortened because of my experience with the F2...and I will remember some of those experiences and finds forever.

Silver, gold, coins and more are in your future now, looking forward to seeing pics of your finds and hearing about your experiences as you progress.

The 11" DD really makes the F2 into a very decent unit! I enjoyed mine, when I had it.

You will be VERY HAPPY with the F2. I have one now and with the sniper coil, it is a coin magnet for me. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Great decision! The F2 is a very capable machine and I have found gold, silver and platinum with mine, not to mention many many awesome relics!

PM me when you want to go out.. or call me, I think I sent you my cell in a PM. The F2 and my CM GT don't interfere with each other at all. If you Coinmaster has started working again, I will be going out tonight after dinner and probably Saturday and Sunday at some point during the day.
Thinking about hitting Rose Tree again.. Was out at Ridley Creek last night.. spots I would like to hunt are a bit overgrown this time of year.

Good call. My first and third machine was the F2 and it did MORE than I asked of it at times. If you get a chance grab the 6" shooter coil. The two compliment each other very nicely.

Also, don't let diggers modest response fool you. Fisher really should be paying him for the amount of knowledge shared on this forum and that machine.

Good luck and happy hunting. Be patient and keep your coil to the soil.

YES! It arrived today! :yes:

I threw a hand full of coins out into the yard and have been practicing. I'm already getting pretty good at pinpointing with the 11" coil!

With air testing I'm noticing that it doesn't pick up as far as I thought it would.

I'm off to Youtube to watch some videos!

Ziggy

Air tests don't mean much unless you are MD in the air.. Get to the church and see what you have been missing.. dig it all and you will learn you machine fairly fast!
And go up under that Tree and find out what the overload signal was.. you know the one that I picked up the rock.. thinking it was the target.. Ah yes my million year old find! :mad:

I must be the only one left that finds air testing a valuable tool when first getting the metal detector - It teaches me the differing tones/sounds when different metal are waved in front of it, also recovery speed & discrimination -

This then helps me identify targets when I am on a hunt -

Anyone who thinks people air test coins in the hope of finding flying coins are either having too good a time on drugs or they used to work for the Bush Administration :shock:

Are you sure now? lol, well I am happy for you Ziggy. Good luck and I hope you find tons of cool things....... unless you visit my area and let me know first so I can send you to the areas I already hunted! :p

I must be the only one left that finds air testing a valuable tool when first getting the metal detector - It teaches me the differing tones/sounds when different metal are waved in front of it, also recovery speed & discrimination -

This then helps me identify targets when I am on a hunt -

Anyone who thinks people air test coins in the hope of finding flying coins are either having too good a time on drugs or they used to work for the Bush Administration :shock:
Ziggy was referring to the distance his new F2 picked up targets in the air.. Which has very little to do with picking up targets that have been buried for years.. MD are made to work on targets in the ground not the air. Learning the sounds is not what he was talking about or I was responding to

I would like to thank all the members here, who take the time to answer questions, share experience, and give advice. I also give major props to Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, one of the sponsors of the forum, for a knock out job with helping with my order. I have not received this type of customer service from anyone in a long time.

HH and GL all!

Ziggy

Very welcome and enjoy it! Glad we could help! Awesome you are already getting the hang of it. That machine is a sleeper!

Air tests don't mean much unless you are MD in the air.. Get to the church and see what you have been missing.. dig it all and you will learn you machine fairly fast!
And go up under that Tree and find out what the overload signal was.. you know the one that I picked up the rock.. thinking it was the target.. Ah yes my million year old find! :mad:

Thanks for the input my friend, I took it out today for the first time to the high school and yes, I did notice it picking up targets deeper than doing an air test. I should have figured that the MD was designed to work best, say, I dunno..ON THE GROUND :lol:

The church will be coming up on Monday for sure, maybe tomorrow if I can fit it in. I'm really anxious to get around the tree and some other areas I've already hit with that white's you saw. I hope we can get back out soon man.

I was heavily considering the F2, but opted for the Eurotek Pro. Now, I just need to buy it, haha. The F2 is a solid choice.

Back
Top Bottom