Purchasing First Detector (Tesoro Tiger Shark vs AT Pro)

ZeroSum

I'm leaning toward the Tiger Shark as my first detector. The AT Pro would be my second choice. Reason is that I'd eventually possibly like to go completely underwater (scuba). If the Tiger Shark works out I was thinking eventually get an E-Trac for land.

If anyone has advice let me know.

I've never used a Tesoro.

I have the AT Pro, and had the Ace 250. Simple tones, Pro Mode gives you more info audibly. Light and easy on the arm, and waterproof, VDI, and can get deep. Hard to beat.

That being said, I love my Sovereign XS. The variable sweeping tones sing to you. Your job, figure out the song and what it's telling you.

I mention the Sov, because underwater, you won't have a VDI screen helping you. VDI is nice, but not necessary. Either machine, Tiger Shark or ATP will do you well. It depends on how you want to handle it your hunting.

I'm leaning toward the Tiger Shark as my first detector. The AT Pro would be my second choice. Reason is that I'd eventually possibly like to go completely underwater (scuba). If the Tiger Shark works out I was thinking eventually get an E-Trac for land.

If anyone has advice let me know.

AT Pro is HARD to beat in water. Is this fresh water or Salt? AT will not do well in salt, to many minerals.

At Pro is good to 10 feet underwater. Tiger Shark is 200'. Tiger Shark is interesting to me, the dual purpose appeals to me.

So depends a lot on depth and salt water or fresh.

If you are a water hunter go with a real water machine. I own two Tigers and they are awesome detectors. The AT pro is a nice detector, but not in the same class as the Tesoro IMHO. You can use the tiger on land too I found a nice Gold class ring early this year. Both of my Tigers have paid for themselves many times over.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom