Fisher F4 or Tesoro Vaquero?

zeuz

Hello All

i'm new to detecting and looking to make my first purchase within the next 2 weeks. I have been looking at the fisher f4 and the tesoro vaquero, will be used mainly in parks. I like the visual ID of the f4, but not to sure about going with audio only. any help appreciated.

Thanks

I just picked up the F5 and really like it. It's a lot to learn but it's worth it. I really like Fisher so I would consider the F4. Do yourself a favor.. Call fisher and ask them if they have any open box items or refrubished items. That's what I did and I picked up the F5 for around 320.

That is exactly what I thought when I first was starting out. Why would anyone want a metal detector without a screen, why give up all the current technology??? So I bought an Ace 250 , great little machine mind you...

I mean if you can know what it is before you dig that's awesome,why wouldn't you want to? Its true you can sometimes know whats in the ground. And the other half of the time you have know idea.

With my no screen Cibola , which is just like a Vaquero with out the ground balance I can
determine approx depth, approx target type, and target size all very quickly just like a screen would tell you. I know this seems really hard to believe. But its true.. ]

Here are some more facts. The more holes you dig the more treasure you find. Also the more trash you find. Its just the nature of the game. I cant just not dig stuff and wonder what I missed , I need to dig most all targets above Iron that have good sounds.

Here is a video and understand the real item I am trying to get across here is, you cant trust a screen, but you can trust your ears. I know some guys will tell you they just use the screen as a guide, but mostly listen to the sounds, and that may be the case but I am not one of them. Only because the screen lies to me too much.

I have a Vaq and an F2.
Nobody without x ray vision can really know what is in the ground before you dig it.

Like Left4Dead, I also can usually get an idea on depth, size and type of target before I dig, and I usually dig almost everything, anyway.

My F2 will say on the screen what it thinks it is scanning...foil, tabs, zinc etc, but that is just an indicator, I don't really believe it till I see for myself by digging it.

I have found gold at iron, foil, nickel, tabs and zinc readings and I was surprised by every one so all of them get me excited when I see them, and that is also why I usually dig it all.

That video pretty much sums it up. The main things you should look for in a detector is depth, recovery speed and discrimination. You can't trust a VID machine on deep targets or on targets adjacent to trash.

The Vaquero will find more good stuff for you and comes with a real lifetime warranty and the best customer service on planet Earth.

http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/40-1-vaquero.html

beephead

Back
Top Bottom