What would you like to see added to FMDF?

40acre1870

Forum Supporter
I would really like to see a section that was just for backyard finds. I am not sure how many backyard hunters there are, so it probably wouldn't be feasible, but I can wish, right?

Don't get me wrong, I love the forum, but it is just something that I would like to see and I do not expect to see it.

Anyhow... Great site.

What you like to see added or deleted?

Happy hunting!

Last edited:
I would like to see free MDs for users in Upper Michigan... That would be interesting to me.

seriously though, I can't think of anything that needs to be added. The best forum I've ever been on. It's hard enough right now to read all of the new threads/replies and not have wife give me guff because I'm "on those forums all the time".

A Drop down with all the sponsors so I don't have to keep refreshing the page. to find the one I'm looking for.

We all start in our backyard :yes: And then we post in Stories and Pictures of Finds ;) I don't see a subforum to identify a specific location something was found happening, as it's sort of against the compact nature of this site :yes:

A Drop down with all the sponsors so I don't have to keep refreshing the page. to find the one I'm looking for.

On the main forum page there's a link called "VIEW FORUM LEADERS"... click it, all the sponsors are listed there :waytogo:

We all start in our backyard :yes: And then we post in Stories and Pictures of Finds ;) I don't see a subforum to identify a specific location something was found happening, as it's sort of against the compact nature of this site :yes:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I know it is not possible. Mostly everyone starts in their backyard, but some of us ONLY hunt our own property. I just thought it would be interesting... Maybe i will search and see if there is a group for backyard hunters. :yes:

I would like the see a section devoted to the laws of certain areas or counties. For expample if there is a town that someone has hunted they can add it to the towns that allow metal detecting. That would be helpful to new people and veterns both because I have only hunted on the beach and have always wanted to hunt on the land I just dont know where it is ok because so many towns don't say you can metal detect but say you can't cut the turf.

I want a dedicated section of the forum for pens, milk boils and the mastering of coins.

But seriously. Who detects backyards and actually finds anything at all? I've beeped in probably a hundred yards and never found anything good in the back yard. Everything good is in the front and side yard.

I want a dedicated section of the forum for pens, milk boils and the mastering of coins.

But seriously. Who detects backyards and actually finds anything at all? I've beeped in probably a hundred yards and never found anything good in the back yard. Everything good is in the front and side yard.

Ha... Milk boils, awesome. I missed the Season of the Coin Master, I guess.

You are onto something, I have found nothing of coin value in the back yard.

But seriously. Who detects backyards and actually finds anything at all?

Found a dated SLQ and walker in the same backyard this year. Also found a walker in another backyard. Maybe I'm just lucky.

But, in my neck of the woods, its about exposure to the sun in the afternoon and summer evening in the era of pre air-conditioning (and I imagine we are talking about properties from the pre air-conditioning era; if not, nevermind :lol:). Its about reading the exposure, clothes lines, path to the privy (some of this stuff is often in the backyard -- did anyone put the privy or the clothes line in the front yard? :lol: :lol:), and the shade trees, at least around here (sometimes only given away by depressions in the yard, they are old, after all).

Anyway, to answer the OP's question, a feature I'd like is to see is when my friends are posting. Instead of "read all unread", I'd like to see "read all friends unread". Problem is the forum is just too busy (certainly not a problem for the owners and sponsors, and those who have hours of time to read it), but a problem for me. I'd like to see what my friends are finding (and, I'd hope, they'd like to see what I'm finding), but there is just so many messages I just can't keep up, so I've given up.

Maybe there is a way I don't know about; I'm certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed (especially evidenced by my time wasted in backyards sniffing around privies :lol:).

I am very tempted to dig up the privy... There is so much trash around it and I have found a few cool things. Lipstick containers from the 50's and an old pocket watch and what not.

Some of my best finds have come from backyards... family get togethers are not held on the front lawn at least not in my neck of the woods :D

On the main forum page there's a link called "VIEW FORUM LEADERS"... click it, all the sponsors are listed there :waytogo:

Thanks I did not know that.

Back
Top Bottom