Biggest find yet!!

northgadigger

Well, its a surface find obviously.....only half under ground. Worked on getting permission from this land owner for weeks to hunt his property along the river where the mill and dam where in the 1800's. Only 20 mins into the hunt i walk up on this abandoned truck left by a trespasser, along with his drug paraphernalia and drivers liscense. This is exactly the reason it took me so long to convince the guy to let me detect the property. Ridiculous.

Attachments

• truckstuck2.jpg
    truckstuck2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 311
  • truckstuck.jpg
    truckstuck.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 311
Bell tone? :laughing::laughing: We like to laugh and giggle about some rigs not being able to find a "Ford Pick Up" in a junkyard! Thats a hell of a find out in the woods! Probably Ginseng diggers I would suspect...:laughing::laughing:...

Hey, when you get a chance, check under the seats for a wad of cash or a gun...then, backtrack the hike out of there that the operator would have most likely taken...we do track Humans afterall...Thats a hell of a find though Buddy! Congratulations! Its Worth a lot more than a year of totlot clad! The bed liner alone is worth $50! :laughing: One hell of a trophy you got there! I'm a buyer of that one!

A guy has to prepare his mind for this kind of situation...Salvage rights! We are out at all hours, sooner or later, its not out of the question that we will stumble across a 'deal gone bad' type of thing...abandoned gear, dead bodies, case full of cash like in "No Country for Old Men" or a case full of millions along a fence like in "Fargo"..?.

So you prepare in advance and know exactly what you would do...Especially now a days...a guy has to 'fore think' this kind of find and have a strategy in place to maximize our effort and minimize the aftermath repercussions?.....The concept makes for good dreaming if nothing else...

What would You do? Stumble across a case of cash? A stiff? A truck? A gun? A guy has to think ahead and have a plan in place.....Like Randy Travis sang about...In this Sport, "Its just a matter of time!"

My wife works for the sherriff's department and it didnt take long to contact the owner whose reply was "what is today?" when asked when he planned on removing his truck. His other great answer was "what meth pipe?". So rather than have this guy back on the property retrieving his vehicle....well....we removed it ourselves :D Anyone notice the dealer tag on the back? lol Must have been trying out the 4x4 just to realize it was a 2wd truck!

Any of you remember a series of public service messages from the late 60's, and the tag lines were, "THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT DOPE!"?

I found a dumped, stolen Excursion while bird watching once. Sans radio.

Back
Top Bottom