More old English silver + 1. (17 photographs)

Doug

Elite Member
Some of these coins are not in the best of condition and the loss natural daylight did not help with the photographs.

ID's on several items courtesy of a UK forum.

All found with the Deus Lite and 11inch coil with the Deus Fast program on V2 and on 2 tones (200 & 547).

One field gone from arable 2 years ago year to pasture last year, one field is pasture for the horses, and the other field is stubble.

Thank you for looking................Doug.

Edward 1st 1272-1307 or Edward 2nd 1307-27.

Alexander III, King of Scotland 1249 – 1286.

Henry 3rd 1216-72

Edward 1st 1272-1307 or Edward 2nd 1307-27.

Broken Roman ring, Circa 2nd - 3rd century AD

Silver back plate off a ?

Worn copper coins.

Various items.

4th Century bronze Roman commemorative coins.

Dang Doug, those are some beautiful finds once again. I always love your posts...simply amazing!!

Dang Doug, those are some beautiful finds once again. I always love your posts...simply amazing!!

Thank you Mike, your gun find is not on my wish list I can assure you.

Alexander 3rd of Scotland coin just out of the ground.

The reign of Alexander III was notable for three major things.

Firstly he was to succeed where his father, Alexander II, had failed in ridding the Western Isles of Scotland of Norse influence.

Secondly, he was to make one Scottish family so powerful that they would be a rival to the future kings of Scotland in influence.

Thirdly, his death was to plunge Scotland into a succession crisis that would ultimately lead to war with England.

Last edited:
I always love your posts, as for the gun, it was not on my list of things either..lol

Nice bunch of artifacts again Doug! I especially like the historical anecdote. Thank you.

Simply amazing the history you dig up regularly...congrats on the silvers and the rest!

Thank you.

Amazing finds!!! You seriously could turn MD into a tourist business.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Nice bunch of artifacts again Doug! I especially like the historical anecdote. Thank you.

Thank you or should I say thanks to Google.

Great job, Doug.
As usual. :)
Love the Romans.

Thank you, I had a Roman coin out today, never had one of this farm before!

Amazing as always......

Thank you.

Everything is amazing but that ring - wow!

Thank you, the ring would have been filled with coloured enamel when made, you can see traces of the enamel in this brooch found a few years ago.

Last edited:
Some really nice finds. Is this what they a hoard? Man would love to fly across the ponds and detect there!

Thank you.

The silver coins and Roman Bronze coins are everyday coins of the period and are casual losses.

...Doug

I appreciate the finds a lot, and thank you for identifying them with the rulers and dates! Amazing!! HH

Thank you.

The ID's are freely given to me on a UK forum for which I'm eternally grateful.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom