Not your normal, everyday find

AIRFORCEMIKE

Forum Supporter
Started off the day with a wheat or two, then found a cool 50's vintage lock then the gun. The loaded Kel-Tec was a surface find about 50 into a highly walked wooded area of a park. Gun had one in the chamber a two missing out of the magazine. Was a recent drop or throw for sure. Gun is now in the hands of the authorities. IMG_0495.jpgIMG_0492.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the title I thought you were talking about your wife again :D

I hope they clear the gun and you can get it back, even if just a Kel.

Cool lock! Cool wheats.

I hope to find a gun some day!

Congrats!

From the title I thought you were talking about your wife again :D

I hope they clear the gun and you can get it back, even if just a Kel.

Cool lock! Cool wheats.

I hope to find a gun some day!

Congrats!

lol, no not talking about my wife that that was sure funny. Ya Kel-Tec or not sure will be nice to get it back and add it to my collection of finds. That's one find not many can say they come across often. :yes:

Nicely done my friend! Some of us have young children and although I have trained them thoroughly in gun safety and what to do, I cannot be so sure that a friend or other park-going kid would do the same. I would print a photo off and keep it in my wallet anytime I was trying to get a permission and someone raised their eyebrows at me just to show how us MD'ing folks do a lot of good.

Great job!

Nicely done my friend! Some of us have young children and although I have trained them thoroughly in gun safety and what to do, I cannot be so sure that a friend or other park-going kid would do the same. I would print a photo off and keep it in my wallet anytime I was trying to get a permission and someone raised their eyebrows at me just to show how us MD'ing folks do a lot of good.

Great job!

I had some great reactions once the cops pulled up and I am sure they thought he was writing me a ticket then they saw the handgun. People were greatfull and pretty amazed it was in a park within kids reach. I will keep a picture of that in my phone ALWAYS!!

I had some great reactions once the cops pulled up and I am sure they thought he was writing me a ticket then they saw the handgun. People were greatfull and pretty amazed it was in a park within kids reach. I will keep a picture of that in my phone ALWAYS!!

Thinking about all the kids crawling all over that woods today in Bateman sweatshirts especially with it having one in The chamber I can not help but think someone or something may have chosen you to find it.
This was the greatest save I have ever seen without question .
Good work Mike .
What a blessing you found that thing .
, Dew

Thinking about all the kids crawling all over that woods today in Bateman sweatshirts especially with it having one in The chamber I can not help but think someone or something may have chosen you to find it.
This was the greatest save I have ever seen without question .
Good work Mike .
What a blessing you found that thing .
, Dew

Thanks Dew, someone or somebody surely was looking over them kids in that park. Hopefully more people will understand the good behind our hobby after today. We probably prevented an accident for sure or helped solve a crime

You did the right thing by reporting it to the police,
Great job there!
Maybe help solve a murder or other crime.
If it's not a "DIRTY GUN" is there a chance that you could get it back?
If your not into guns, you could sell it for some cash too.

You did the right thing by reporting it to the police,
Great job there!
Maybe help solve a murder or other crime.
If it's not a "DIRTY GUN" is there a chance that you could get it back?
If your not into guns, you could sell it for some cash too.

Might get it back who knows but I would make it not shootable and put it in my collection of finds as I have more guns then I probably need.

You definitely did the right thing.
Gun could be used to solve a cold case or recent crime committed.

Actually,,if you would have kept,,,you could have been implicated later sometime,,depending.

Thanks for sharing.

I like the lock.
Wish I could find some older locks like the folks out west seem to find a lot of.

I think everyone has said it. You are the man. You just might have saved someones life. You just never know. Chances are it was tossed their for a reason. Glad you called the cops. Thanks Mike. Good karma comes around.. KEN

Good Work there Mike! Nice wheaties and whatnot, but I think you were meant to be there and find that hot weapon...by hot I mean, right on top of the ground, and one in the snoot...all a kid woulda had to do was pick it up and who knows what tragedy...makes me shudder to think about!...

That's awesome and super cool. I doubt your getting it back, I would tend to agree it was thrown vs lost. Too bad those Kel-Techs and awesome and highly rated US made weapon. The are extremely an popular CCW arm.

Congrats Mike!

Back
Top Bottom