CTX 3030 programs

DSC02657.JPG
Fighter plane took direct hit from lawnmower.
DSC02658.JPG star wars token and 1956 wheat back. Not a very good day but I'll take them whenever I can get out.

Some good observations.
Yes the 6" coil will help in real trashy places.

I always watch on some hits,,,especially something that strikes and is in the lower 30 conductive range. If I see the cursor trying to build out towards the right side,,,I dig.

I'll keep that in mind, Thank you. I need more time spent using the CTX. The weather is breaking here but its quite early yet to get too excited.

If a person will experiement with their CTX doing test involving junk lower conductive things like tabs,pull rings,etc,,alongside higher conductive coins,,they'll notice some things,,,,these things they notice,,might just help give them an edge on a detecting scenario and make good recovery.

I can't wrap my head around air tests or garden tests. I just put hours upon hours of learning in the field. Basically digging everything to see what's what, changing things trying to find what works best for me. Fortunately I get a wide array of junk/coins in the grounds that I choose to hunt, no need to plant any.

Well,
For one thing unless a person soil is quite high in mineral,,this particular detector when testing on top of the ground,,,acts probably the closet when comparing air test with in ground test,,even digging targets.

One thing to note here,,,I use test to see a particular detector's tendencies.

If a person chooses to only go out and dig targets to learn all they can using CTX,,this does pose one problem.

I guess a person with slow target retrieval could in fact see target orientation and orientation to other ferrous and nonferrous materials.
But it would take me too long to do this on every dig.
So I can do this on top of the ground,,,along with a few test garden scenarios and arrive at a pretty good place knowledge wise on what to expect in the field.

Again,,folks can do what they want.
But I've got news for folks too,,,air testing,,,and setting up various tests involving iron, nails,,and other nuisance lower conductors,,,,what is seen here,,,not as far off the mark vs in the real world of detecting and digging targets as some think.

Cheers

It's not really a problem unless one is in a race with ones own mind or others to own the best metal detector possible to suit their pursuit of happiness or whatever else dream they are trying to run down and achieve.

Ignorance is bliss. Not knowing what your machine cannot do does not necessarily hurt you for you will never know what targets you are missing since your not privy to such information. Knowing what it's capabilities are is time well spent. A water glass half full, it would irk me to no end to know its flaws. I would rid myself of it as quickly as I bought it and I simply am not in any position financially to do that on a regular basis. The key is to dwell on the things you find it does particularly well and share the information to shorten anothers learning curve.

Well,
One of the reasons for having a CTX is so a person can dig good targets,,not junk.
I could very well get me a Vlf with true all metal,,,and dig every swinging thing out of a site metal wise. Don't take many brains to do I don't think either.
And no CTX user would find anything worthy in it afterwards.

CTX is not hard to run.

Sometimes for whatever reason,,,,folks don't have time,,,or enough time to detect.
But even a little time,,rpfooling with one's metal detector doing a few tests,,and comparisons,,,can really help out in the long run.

If I listed all the things both positive and negative I've seen while testing different metal detectors--- folks jaws would drop.

And believe it or not,,,a super high percentage of what I seen doing this testing and comparing,,,,bore itself out in the field.

Lightbulb was due to this testing and comparing turned on faster for me.

Is my lightbulb at peak brightness yet??? Nope

But each and every day,,,it grows brighter.
And partly from actual hunting,,,and rehunting sites behind myself even same detector,,sometimes different detector,,,and yes experimenting.

The name of the game is to,,,get proficient as fast as possible using every means possible.

If a person prime targets of interest are gold rings,,platinum rings,,other lower conductive things,,,CTX probably not the best choice,,considering what it cost and how much it weighs,,,and it will miss some smaller gold.

Better detectors for doing the above,,,Fisher 70/75 series.
At Pro
Xp Deus
Makro Racer 2
Nokta Impact

Just to name a few.

And the above detectors,,do give coin finding ability as well.
Milder ground,,these will work well.

Also,,depends on what kinds of sites you are hunting (allowed to hunt).
In places where digging is restricted,,and after coins mainly and silver jewelry,,,CTX, Etrac, White's vx3, V3i, and Nokta Impact top choices.

You like to roam covering a lot of ground digging about everything,,,Deus here big winner--weight and ability to swing and advance coil faster.

Sometimes folks use a detector that really doesn't match up well for what the generally do,,,day to day detecting.

Some folks never change detectors or seldom to match up here,,and some are always looking for that perfect match.

There are some detectors I have depending on site,,,what I plan to do,,or plan to hunt,,,,they see little action,,,but each and every one,,,does have a place for me.

And when the situation presents itself,,I use.

There currently is IMO NOT a one detector does all real well.
There are a few that get close,,,but still not there.

I see we are world's apart in line of thought. I would rather keep the CTX ,instead of going to the mentioned machines. In all fairness,I have only ran the CTX for less than 100 hours or there about.I have thousand hours or more on the Deleon.
I think I'll keep the CTX.I have no interest at all in your list of machines. I actually used a ATPro, found some coins with it but I felt it had nothing on my beep and dig machines.

You can do what you want.
The only person you have to satisfy is your self.
Same with me.

If I were going to dig every nonferrous target that existed no matter where I hunted,,,my CTX would not be my top machine of choice.
Too heavy for one,,,has to have slower sweep too,,not the hottest on lower conductors (deeper).

Many folks besides you or I will read this thread.

Any and all worthy thoughts,,should be fair game here,,and elsewhere.

Well these most likely will not be taken and posted over at Find M all forum like Jackalope's post were. :D Nearly every one that I asked advice on getting the CTX told me not to buy the CTX. Probably the sole reason why I ended up buying it. I had to see for myself what I was missing. I believe I will find a lot of stuff with the CTX once the weather breaks and I get going. Stay tuned, I plan on continuing to post my finds on this thread.
Lol, that is awesome to hear. You darn well...or u will soon learn...that they are afraid youll get a machine that scoops up all the good stuff their machines miss. Congrats on the CTX!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom