Not your normal, everyday find

cool!!! I haven't found a gun metal detecting, but did find one tossed on my property (I live in a wooded rural area) in a plastic bag, but no clip. It was a 9mm el cheapo brand and I too turned it over to our sheriff's office.

I think everyone has said it. You are the man. You just might have saved someones life. You just never know. Chances are it was tossed their for a reason. Glad you called the cops. Thanks Mike. Good karma comes around.. KEN

Thanks for the kind words DK, I was hoping karma was going to come around as I dug a million pull tabs..no gold but I am hitting a late 1800's homesite today so maybe today is my day :D

That's awesome and super cool. I doubt your getting it back, I would tend to agree it was thrown vs lost. Too bad those Kel-Techs and awesome and highly rated US made weapon. The are extremely an popular CCW arm.

Congrats Mike!

Thanks BT, junk guns and probably not dropped and throw for sure and a early drop, has not been there very long but hours later that part of the woods was crawling with people/kids. I dont care if I get it back as I dont need it but I can take that off my bucket list..tho never thought I would find one. I would have preferred a gold coin...lol

Glad it was you that got this one as you knew how to respond to the situation. I'm very sure it will be a hunt that will stay with you for a very long time. I hope you can get some feedback in how it was put in that location and if it was involved with any suspicious activity. Congrats on a very nice hunt and a not so common recovery.
Would have love to join you guys out there, did have a good morning outing and then a lot of yard work on the home site. Hope to get back out tomorrow before work. Trapper

Glad it was you that got this one as you knew how to respond to the situation. I'm very sure it will be a hunt that will stay with you for a very long time. I hope you can get some feedback in how it was put in that location and if it was involved with any suspicious activity. Congrats on a very nice hunt and a not so common recovery.
Would have love to join you guys out there, did have a good morning outing and then a lot of yard work on the home site. Hope to get back out tomorrow before work. Trapper

Was surely a weird day to say the least and took up a bunch of my time doing the right thing. Was not a planned hunt on my end by any means. I just knew I wanted to hunt and Brad hooked up late in the day. Next Sunday I am off we should hook up and reach out to anyone else that wants to make the trip. Cant wait to see you and do some digging.

Thanks for the kind words DK, I was hoping karma was going to come around as I dug a million pull tabs..no gold but I am hitting a late 1800's homesite today so maybe today is my day :D

Thanks BT, junk guns and probably not dropped and throw for sure and a early drop, has not been there very long but hours later that part of the woods was crawling with people/kids. I dont care if I get it back as I dont need it but I can take that off my bucket list..tho never thought I would find one. I would have preferred a gold coin...lol

Sorry I was thinking of Kahr as a quality weapon not Kel- Tec

Big Congrats! That's just outstanding.

I hope that I don't lose mine while I'm tromping around in the woods.

beephead

I'm not sure I would have known what to do as I never thought about or experienced this situation yet. Sounds like you handled it great, and a good learning tool for the rest of us who haven't experienced this. Thank for sharing, and kuddos to you Mike!

By the way....only a few of us know how cold it was 2 years ago at this time!

OMG....the ground isn't white or even frozen!

Cool find as well!

Back
Top Bottom