New CTX coil

Can you set the ctx to ignore pennies? Or would you increase the possibility of missing a good target by doing that? 95% of my finds in the water are pennies... sick of em!

Yup, sure can! You can also not disc them and instead just listen to the tone or use the VDI which has been spot on for all pennies I've found in the last few months.

Yup, sure can! You can also not disc them and instead just listen to the tone or use the VDI which has been spot on for all pennies I've found in the last few months.

Awesome, thanks! I may have to eventually look into purchasing one... the excal is great for the rough days but it'd be nice to cover more ground bypassing all the pennies with the ctx pennies sound too good to not dig on the excal

Ill go on record as saying ..... watch the VDI, but i have hunted behind a CTX where he ignored pennies and among those pennies i found a very heavy Onyx gold ring. Dont use an excuse not to dig if you are IN the water and you know you are not dealing with IRON or a BOTTLE CAP. Honestly, with a machine like the CTX or Xcal you arent dealing with a ton of targets you have to dig......so take a little more time.

Dew

Awesome, thanks! ... the excal is great for the rough days but pennies sound too good to not dig on the excal
The CTX, like the explorer, gives a distinct tone for pennies. Unless heavily corroded, the machine is reliably accurate at identifying pennies up to 12" deep. For deeper targets, read my comments below...

Ill go on record as saying ..... watch the VDI, but i have hunted behind a CTX where he ignored pennies and among those pennies i found a very heavy Onyx gold ring. Dew
Draytons CTX book provides a heirarchy of accuracy for using the CTX by tones, discrimination and VDI. So if you read the book, you'd proably say to yourself, "I bet I KNOW WHAT HE DID WRONG .... he probably disc'd out the VDI # for pennies instead of leaving an open screen and discriminating them by tone or VDI." <-- there is a difference in accuracy of target id by doing this!

Excal is great, but again, its not an apples to apples comparrison. Think about what your cell phone was like in 1997. Remeber that old flip phone motorola? Well the Excal was designed over 20 years ago. A lot has changed since then...heck, there is a good chance you are reading this post with a smart phone that has a CPU 1,500,000x faster than a PC-desktop from 1997. Now apply that to a detector. :shock:

Back to the OP.....if you have a machine that is accurate 99% of the time AND you are skipping 99% of the junk targets, then your chance of finding the good stuff should go up dramatically!

Can you set the ctx to ignore pennies? Or would you increase the possibility of missing a good target by doing that? 95% of my finds in the water are pennies... sick of em!

A penny always rings up as a 1236-1237 unless its corroded or broke.You know what else rang up as a 1236......This bad boy 22k goodness.I started to walk away thinking it was another penny decided to dig it and out popped this buety...I'll never not dig a penny signal again...

Attachments

• 20161027_075137.jpg
    20161027_075137.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 29
goes to show no matter how much you spend on a dang machine you simply can't ignore Mr. Lincoln

Back
Top Bottom