This has old/electric written all over it

Country Dirt Kid

Elite Member
I found this detecting a soybean field at night. The sky was clear, stars amazing and there were raccoons fighting pretty close to me. Some kind of animal was running back and forth in the brush just outside the reach of my mini hat lamp. The ground is thawed and the air was cool with a good crisp feel. I was very happy.

any ideas what this is

Attachments

• insulator 1.JPG
    insulator 1.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 278
  • insulator 2.JPG
    insulator 2.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 289
  • insulator 3.JPG
    insulator 3.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 291
Ceramic bottle stopper. This one is on an 1890s beer bottle. The modern Grolsh beer bottles still use a variation of it. These originally had a rubber ring seal where the grooved part is.

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 265
  • BB.jpg
    BB.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 255
  • CC.jpg
    CC.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Considering it is ceramic and the same overall shape as the old "knob and tube" insulators, you were not too far off.
The main difference is that the electrical insulators usually had a nail in them for fastening to studs:yes:

Attachments

• insulators.jpg
    insulators.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 174
That's a toke stone :yes: nice find! Love the ones with the local names on em. This photo is for educational purposes only! That is definitely not me in the photo :laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 161
That's a toke stone :yes: nice find! Love the ones with the local names on em. This photo is for educational purposes only! That is definitely not me in the photo :laughing:

Yeah right!

I saw what was in your recycling bin last week! ;) :laughing:

You just aren't the best hand model! :D

Back
Top Bottom