Fisher Gold Bug 2

Hdnsouth

Forum Supporter
I've wanted to buy a Gold Bug 2 for sometime and one came up on Craigslist the other day the person selling it told me his brother in-law bought it when he retired hoping to search for gold and never got around to using it and passed away and he ended up with it as far as I could tell I was the first one to put batteries in it. It is a Los Banos California model and came with the 10" and 14" coils, manual and all the paperwork and hard case and headphones I gave 350.00 for the detector and hope it was a decent deal or at least worth what I paid. From the videos I've watched everyone seems to suggest the 6" coil is best on gold. The control panel is different than most videos I've watched in the bottom left hand corner I have a single toggle switch and most I've watched have two toggle switches. I am looking forward to learning this machine and any advice or guidance that you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hoping to hear from forum Gold Bug 2 users.

I Herd

They are strictly a gold detector at high KHZs, very nice on small gold, with the small coil, you got a steal at that price with both coils, now go find some gold, Earl

Based on your comment on the toggle switches, you may not have a Gold Bug 2.

Gold bug 2 has a gold and black faceplate which says Gold Bug 2 and the decal on the side of the control box says 'Gold Bug 2"

The original Gold Bug has a mostly black face plate and the decal on the side of the box has the words Gold Bug and a large "bug" logo.

Back
Top Bottom