• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Good News For Tesoro - Bad News For Those Wanting A Mojave

beephead

Elite Member
Most of the dealers sold all of Mojave detectors that they just received and are now starting to put their customers on a back order list. Tesoro only has enough parts for a another short production run. There may not be enough Mojave detectors to go around for those on a waiting list. It gets worse, once Tesoro runs out of production parts to build the Mojave it could take months to get all the parts ordered and in from its vendors for another production run.

If you know of any dealer who has any Mojave detectors in stock, please let others know.

beephead

It's way better to under estimate demand than to over estimate demand.

I knew that the Mojave was going to be a winner from the get go.

Someone posted that the next production run is in late March.

beephead

I see one on Ebay and I think that's WindyCity detectors...I am just waiting on a sponsor to pull through. I might just tinker around with one in tot lots and some trashy local sites. One of my favorite machines is an old Silver Saber II I used to have.

I see one on Ebay and I think that's WindyCity detectors...I am just waiting on a sponsor to pull through. I might just tinker around with one in tot lots and some trashy local sites. One of my favorite machines is an old Silver Saber II I used to have.

I don't see one on eBay anymore :(

I have had most that were on ebay. I have a case coming next week and two are already spoken for. These are hot machines.

It gets worse, once Tesoro runs out of production parts to build the Mojave it could take months to get all the parts ordered and in from its vendors for another production run.
It's a good (manufacturer's) marketing trick to attract attention to a new model. 5 (marketing) stars of 5 possible! :cool:

It's a good (manufacturer's) marketing trick to attract attention to a new model. 5 (marketing) stars of 5 possible! :cool:

I seriously think that was not Tesoro's intent. More likely they underestimated the buyer's demand for the Mojave.

After using the Mojave, I'll give it a 5 STAR + on performance. I love this detector! It's way better than the Compadre and Silver µMax combined.

beephead

I agree with Brother beep...I hate to say it, on account of I believe in this strategy and have employed it myself...But the one thing Tesoro could never be accused of is creative Hype/Push Marketing! Purely accidental! :laughing:

Now they got a different problem to deal with...Keeping up with Demand...

Still trying to figure out what all the hype is about? It has a sensitivity knob and a rejection knob and a high low switch for minerals. 7 in coils i really like as i had one on my Gold Mountain Boss back in 79 and felt like it was one of the best concentric coil sizes ever made. So far all i can conclude from reading is that maybe the performance for the price is really good?

Not trying to be negative in any way, just wondering what the buzz is about?

Still trying to figure out what all the hype is about? It has a sensitivity knob and a rejection knob and a high low switch for minerals. 7 in coils i really like as i had one on my Gold Mountain Boss back in 79 and felt like it was one of the best concentric coil sizes ever made. So far all i can conclude from reading is that maybe the performance for the price is really good?

It's a fantastic detector at any price! The good thing is.....it's only $251.10 shipped and it comes with a lifetime warranty. I've bought several new Tesoro detectors and this is the very first time that I have ever sent in a warranty card. I'm 100% sure that I'll never sell this detector. It's that good!

beephead

I don't have mine yet, but I would guess that it takes the Compadre, which is a great machine, and adds what everyone wishes they could add themselves. I know with my Compadre I can have no issues in the grass but as soon as I hit a sandy tot lot it starts chirping like crazy. Now I can just flip a switch and keep going.

I think the beauty in this is the simplicity. Low cost, simple operation, impressive results. Pretty good winning combination for a lot of us.

Dan

I don't have mine yet, but I would guess that it takes the Compadre, which is a great machine, and adds what everyone wishes they could add themselves. I know with my Compadre I can have no issues in the grass but as soon as I hit a sandy tot lot it starts chirping like crazy. Now I can just flip a switch and keep going.

I think the beauty in this is the simplicity. Low cost, simple operation, impressive results. Pretty good winning combination for a lot of us.

Dan

Great point Dan! I know these pea gravel totters around here have hot rocks in them and they can be very hard to hunt on account of all the chatter...so that 'switch flip' is an important feature for this...

We have chip, sand, and pea gravel totters...a few with those ground up tires even...theres gold in the totters if a guy has a rig that can hunt them...

I know of a really large old tot lot/playground that's filled with pea gravel that I have not been able to detect in the past because the detectors that I was using would false. I've found a couple of gold rings and several silver rings/pendants in the grassy area surrounding the pea gravel. I can't wait to give the Mohave a go at it in the pea gravel. It just has to be loaded with jewelry. Maybe enough to pay for my Mojave in one trip! I always have high hopes. LOL

beephead

just wondering what the buzz is about?

The buzz is in the Beephead...guy has it dialed in and should be the next spokesperson for it. I LOVE my compadre for tot lots and not to mention tear outs...etc so this will certainly be my new low cost unit to my collection.

Do you think it might be able to find a 7 or 8 in dime sized target?

I have a silver dime that's buried 6 inches in my test garden. It has a little iron around it that I missed when I planted the dime. The Mojave with the 7 inch search coil gets around a 2 inch airspace above the silver dime.

beephead

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom