Selling Your JUNK Rings

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I got tired of storing my junk rings and decided I would try to make some money off of them this summer since I had nothing better to do. I have learned that the trick is to have at least 10 available for sale - themore the merrier! Having more would increase your chances on sales of course. You must also be patient as you’re waiting for that one person to buy what your selling – a specific ring in a specific size. In 2 months, I have been averaging 2 sales a week at about $5 a ring. I have sold 11 rings for about $65. (2 more will be sold this week). In order to maximize my profits I do not send them as a package. Since almost all those rings are under an ounce I mail them with a regular stamp. I will tape the ring and envelope them inside slim cardboard like the ones from chocolate bars before placing them in an envelope. So far I have not had one rejected by the post office. After you subtract the cost of the stamp and Ebay/Paypal’s cut, I’m profiting approximately $4 on a 5 dollar ring. When the ring doesn’t sell it’ll just rollover. However, Ebay resets the listing to allow “OFFERS” which I go back and remove as I want the ring to sell for at least $5 in most instances. I will also send a message to the BUYER informing them that “since the ring is under an ounce that I will be mailing it to them so they can get it quicker”. Ebay has a “SHIPPED” setting that doesn’t go through the automatic postage/shipping purchase through Paypal. I have notice that the name brand junk rings will go for more than $5. Below are a few of my sales. I won’t become rich but hey it get’s rid of them and makes some money. :gettinmoney:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 780
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 776
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 777
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 754
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 767
  • Letter1.jpg
    Letter1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 749
  • Letter2.jpg
    Letter2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 757
Nice info. Your excellent photographs help, too.

Now you can buy more of those delicious Lindt chocolate and sea salt bars.

Nice work Felix! Those definitely put gas in the tank!

I sell my "junk" rings on FB Marketplace, Letgo, and OfferUp.

I usually get between $15-30/ring there for some of the men's tungsten and titanium rings. I also had one gal who kept buying all my sterling jewelry for about $20/piece (probably ended up with about $400 total).

Felix and Swing4TheRing.... Motivates me to get rid of a bunch of rings....great posts.

I have 5 grand kids that love to go through all the junk, not gold, that I find. The girls take the rings and jewelry boys take the knives, hot wheels and fishing tackle. They seem to get a reel kick out of it and makes grandpa a good guy.

Now you can buy more of those delicious Lindt chocolate and sea salt bars.
You want to know something funny? I read an article today that chocolate sales have gone up during the pandemic. I started doing a couple of pieces of dark chocolate and a glass of brandy every night for the last few months. :lol:

You want to know something funny? I read an article today that chocolate sales have gone up during the pandemic. I started doing a couple of pieces of dark chocolate and a glass of brandy every night for the last few months. :lol:

Nice!

How you making out selling your Felix pennies?
There's a guy in Connecticut that wants to pay me handsomely for them but I refuse as they will become collector's items one day! :p

Thanks, Felix. That is motivational! How do you measure the sizes? I know they have a "finger" to do that at the jeweler's. I asked them to do it for me a couple of times, but it won't work if you have a bunch. You will have to do it yourself.

Thanks, Felix. That is motivational! How do you measure the sizes? I know they have a "finger" to do that at the jeweler's. I asked them to do it for me a couple of times, but it won't work if you have a bunch. You will have to do it yourself.

I believe it’s called a ring mandrel. They can be found on eBay for very cheap.

I know jeweler's have nice ones but this one is plastic and cheap and it works well. When posting the ring's I will show a picture of the ring similar to the one below as well.

Attachments

• TC.jpg
    TC.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 539
  • TC  (1).jpg
    TC (1).jpg
    22 KB · Views: 530
Great post and nice work there Felix!:thumbsup: Moving some metal for money!

A nice little snifter of some fine brandy of an evening..watching the Sunset out on the back deck and feeling comfortable with a bit of dark chocolate is a fine way to end a day!

If you buy a steel sizing mandrel,you can use it to enlarge the ring size just a bit if you are careful.

Back
Top Bottom