Not much but kinda interesting

caheaton

Headed back to a local park today, the same park that gave me my first Buffalo a few weeks ago. Searched in the same general area. Not much, just the family portrait you see here plus a couple of rotted zinc pennies (one spendable, the other so badly rotted you can't even make out Lincoln's portrait or the date....)

In addition to the boat load of pull tabs (I was searching around a picnic table, so I guess they go with the territory :roll: ) were a wheat cent and this interesting button. Any body have any ideas on the button? Is it purely decorative or does the emblem have some meaning. It's the small letter e superimposed on a globe with to pillars to either side, with the right pillar forming an i and the left maybe a small L ? Button looks to be the faceplate to snap style button.

Attachments

• P5230814.JPG
    P5230814.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 365
  • P5230817.JPG
    P5230817.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 302
Haha, lei is a denim company of the past. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any pair of leis clothing sold anywhere since the early 2000's. Clad is always nice even if just a couple. Keep up the good work

Last edited:
Wheaties are always a good find and bring a smile to many faces, myself included. :D I imagine as it means the site isn't necessary hunted out yet, and may have more good finds hiding close by.

I like your title, it seems to fit your Charlie Brown avatar too. In reality I know others, including my dad, who would rather find one wheatie than a handful of clad any day and would call it a good hunt.

The lei company is still around selling clothes, and had Taylor Swift doing commercials. They don't a have a website though and are sold by retailers and likely some rebranding too. Date wise on the button, late 90's most likely from the tarnish.

Yes. The park does still have a few good coins to be found. It coughed up a buffalo nickel a few weeks ago. Thanks for the update on LEI and the date estimate for the button. It matches what I was guessing too based on the button's condition.

Yes. The park does still have a few good coins to be found. It coughed up a buffalo nickel a few weeks ago. Thanks for the update on LEI and the date estimate for the button. It matches what I was guessing too based on the button's condition.

Glad you have a park still giving up good finds. Nice, I hope to find a buffalo this year. I have no doubt I did years ago, but since I've been keeping track it has eluded me.

Your welcome. I too like to know what I can about finds - it is one of the more interesting aspects of the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom