2019 In Review

jack&jill

Elite Member
Well I finally got my last years finds photo'd for a report. Was a very good year for me, not only for the finds but with a lot of shared hunts with some great friends. Had a little set back in early April with a Heart Attack that slowed me down a bit but have recovered fairly well from it. Sure made for some major changes and adjustments in my life.The last quarter of the year was just amazing and unexpected to say the least. The biggest highlights for the year was digging my first ever Peace Dollar and a Gold Gilt Wisconsin State Seal Button. The low was not digging any more Indian's after the first two hunts. Had a stretch where I dug 49 Silver Dimes between any big Silver. The guys and gal I got to share the outings with were Air Force Mike his wife Lori, IDX Monster (Kevin), Whatsburied Dewsweeper (Brad) and his son Brett and Prussian Bleu (Anthony). 2019 finished with 263 Silver Coins of which 225 of them were Dimes which is over 85% of the coins. Did not dig any Large Cents with the oldest of the year being a 1839 Seated Dime. While I did not dig a lot of older coins those I dug had some nice quality. Breakdown follows:
W Nickels 4
Dimes, 225
Rosie's 96
Merc's 121
Barber's 6
Seated 1
Canadian 1
Quarters, 30
Wash. 24
Stander 1
Barber's 4
Seated 1
Halves 3
Franklin 1
Walker's 2
And the Peace Dollar
Total 263

Did add 8 Buffalo's and 2 V's along 2 Indian's and with 13 Sterling Items. Also purchased a $10 Gold Coin with my clad. I don't expect to reach these numbers in 2020, but can say that Silver will be still be the first objective in every hunt. Am presently making plans for a few road trips this coming year and including some other activities along with metal detecting. Wish also to thank all that replied to my threads as your comments are cherished. New year and new adventures so onward we go. Trapper

Attachments

• 1-17-19 2 .jpg
    1-17-19 2 .jpg
    90 KB · Views: 495
  • 4-3-19 2 .jpg
    4-3-19 2 .jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 512
  • 8-28-19 1 .jpg
    8-28-19 1 .jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 515
  • 9-12-19 1 .jJPG.jpg
    9-12-19 1 .jJPG.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 513
  • 9-10-19 .jpg
    9-10-19 .jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 518
  • 5-14-19 2 .jpg
    5-14-19 2 .jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 462
  • 2019 1 .jpg
    2019 1 .jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 484
  • 2019 2 .JPG
    2019 2 .JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 468
  • 2019 3 .JPG
    2019 3 .JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 470
  • 2019 4 .JPG
    2019 4 .JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 474
  • 2019 5 .JPG
    2019 5 .JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 469
  • 2019 6 .JPG
    2019 6 .JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 455
  • 2019 7 .JPG
    2019 7 .JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 464
  • 2019 8 .JPG
    2019 8 .JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 482
  • 2019 9 .JPG
    2019 9 .JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Astounding year Trapper! I’m glad you healed up as well - and had some great hunts with friends. Priceless! Great photos and appreciated and enjoyed every one of your posts. Thank you and congrats!

Spectacular year. 2019 year of the silver dime! I didn't realize that you had a heart attack. Great job recovering and making important changes. I've enjoyed watching your progress throughout the year. Thanks for posting the year end wrap up. Love seeing all that silver.

Outstanding year Trapper! Great photos, great silver and coin totals, glad you are doing well health-wise. Come on out to Montana if you get the chance! I'll see if I can head to Swissconsin and team up with you this year!

Wow, what another great year buddy. It’s getting hard to find the old coins but you’re managing to do a great job. I would bet on another outstanding year for you. Congrats and I’m jealous of that peace dollar.

WOW ! What a layout, one outstanding year Trapper. And that was after a heart attack. You're one tuff old bird my friend. Hope you have another great year. Good luck Mark

I was scrolling down and got to the dime photo and thought "Wow...that IS a lot of dimes!" Then I realized that photo was just the Rosie dimes...

Loving that Peace dollar and Ben Franklin.

You've done well, Trapper! Actually, that's an understatement. :D Excellent coin totals... each a representation of the persistent effort you invested in your 2019 season. Your year was blessed... now, enjoy this one just as much!

What an awesome year Trapper, those are all killer finds.That is a beautiful seated quarter too. Congrats on such a successful year and may this year be even better. Keep at it - Levi

Wow 🤩. Congratulations on another incredible year Trap .
And eclipsing that 1,500 silver coin count.
A monumental achievement!

Now I must return to viewing your incredible spread of treasure.
This may take a wile
Hope a couple road trips bring you past my place this year buddy. 👍
I also noticed you have had some January 2020 success and are on the board.
Another crazy year end wrap up for You .

,Dew.

Another amazing year Trapper! Congrats!
Thank you Jerry. A year that was more than I had expected. Trapper
Astounding year Trapper! I’m glad you healed up as well - and had some great hunts with friends. Priceless! Great photos and appreciated and enjoyed every one of your posts. Thank you and congrats!
Appreciate your comments Jeff. The hunts with friends were all great. Two hunts with IDX at a old ballfield stand out (13 & 17 Silver's) along with a big late season outing where Monster, Dewsweeper, Brett, and Prussian Bleu put the hurt on another site as29 Silver's were dug. Good Times! Trapper
Spectacular year. 2019 year of the silver dime! I didn't realize that you had a heart attack. Great job recovering and making important changes. I've enjoyed watching your progress throughout the year. Thanks for posting the year end wrap up. Love seeing all that silver.
Thank you Tyler. The year really had its ups and downs. Pretty happy with the results. While I could have got by fine without the Heart Attack it turned out to be a blessing. It sure was a wake up call (literally). My health now is much better and I learned greatly from it. With my wife's support and guidance, I have been blessed. Changing my eating habits, learning about nutrition Ive taken my total Cholesterol below 120. My blood pressure is a consistent 95 over 70 and I've dropped 45 pounds. Now I have never been a real big man so the loss of weight has sapped my strength a bunch but the stamina has come back and being bullheaded keeps the fires of inspiration high. So when the Cardiologist said that my life changes have reversed heart disease and I have increased my blood flow by about 15% and the blockages all disappeared. No surgeries, no stints and now no medications So I guess I'm going to have a few more adventures. Trapper

..........Changing my eating habits, learning about nutrition Ive taken my total Cholesterol below 120. My blood pressure is a consistent 95 over 70 and I've dropped 45 pounds. Now I have never been a real big man so the loss of weight has sapped my strength a bunch but the stamina has come back and being bullheaded keeps the fires of inspiration high. So when the Cardiologist said that my life changes have reversed heart disease and I have increased my blood flow by about 15% and the blockages all disappeared. No surgeries, no stints and now no medications So I guess I'm going to have a few more adventures. Trapper............[/QUOTE]

There's the bigger success. Congrats!

Outstanding year Trapper! Great photos, great silver and coin totals, glad you are doing well health-wise. Come on out to Montana if you get the chance! I'll see if I can head to Swissconsin and team up with you this year!
Thank you David for the very nice comments and the invite. Made it out to North Dakota last year so who knows. The year in review had some great memories and a totally enjoyable adventure. That is minus the health strain.:yes: Trapper
Wow, what another great year buddy. It’s getting hard to find the old coins but you’re managing to do a great job. I would bet on another outstanding year for you. Congrats and I’m jealous of that peace dollar.
Appreciate your kind reply Jason, thank you. The Peace dollar was a unexpected find in a park that had some history but was very close to a modern play yard. I totally agree that the Silver on public grounds disappearing so this next year I have plans to do a lot of door knocking in 2020. Don't think I'll be metal detecting as much as I plan to try a couple other projects in new year. Trapper
WOW ! What a layout, one outstanding year Trapper. And that was after a heart attack. You're one tuff old bird my friend. Hope you have another great year. Good luck Mark
Appreciate your comments Mark, not only for this reply but also for the support you gave me throughout the year. Simply loved you persistence to reach the century mark at the end of the year. From this tough old bullheaded bird thank you. Trapper

Quite the year you've had Trapper, and not without a little adversity to spice up things a little. It was a pleasure hunting with you this year and hopefully there will be many more team hunts to come. Highest congratulations for the banner silver year and for overcoming your health challenges! :D

Trapper, Big congrats on a super season for you !! As I say each year you have the knack to sniff out those deep silvers and must have some great locations too. That has to be fun digging all those silvers....Continued success to you in 2020....HH !! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom