• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone know symbols? The all seeing eye!

Pumptech

Forum Supporter
I have what looks to be a wax seal stamp. It has a 2" bone for a handle and a strange symbol on the stamp. Does anyone know what the symbol represents? Is that the all seeing eye?? I thought it may be Masonic but cant find it anywhere. The blue is from melted blue crayon that I tried it with.

Attachments

• DSCF3001.jpg
    DSCF3001.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 657
  • DSCF3007.jpg
    DSCF3007.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 607
  • DSCF3006.jpg
    DSCF3006.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 576
  • DSCF3005.jpg
    DSCF3005.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
Bizarre one! Seems like a voodoo/witchcraft type object. I would say yes, that is the "all seeing eye", or "third eye". Not sure if you are showing the face right side up or not. That's all I got...

Well, the Mason's symbol does use the "all-seeing eye", but it's "caged" by the architect's divider and square. There is also use of a 6-pointed star around the eye, with the star being two interlaced triangles. This one is a 9-pointed star that appears to be an extension of the triangle design, just laying three triangles over each other, with the eye in the center.
Not being a symbologist, I'd guess it's someone's own design.

Roger

Maybe this?

Valknut Symbol
A symbol comprising three interlocked triangles, the Valknut is one of the most enigmatic symbols connected with Norse mythology. The symbol has been found on a number of memorial stones and rune stones from the Viking Age. It also appears on a number of Germanic objects, such as cremation urns of the Anglo Saxons. However, the term ‘Valknut’ used to describe the symbol is a modern Norwegian invention, evolving from the combination of Old Norse words, ‘Valr’ meaning slain warriors and ‘knut’ meaning knot.

Maybe this?

Valknut Symbol
A symbol comprising three interlocked triangles, the Valknut is one of the most enigmatic symbols connected with Norse mythology. The symbol has been found on a number of memorial stones and rune stones from the Viking Age. It also appears on a number of Germanic objects, such as cremation urns of the Anglo Saxons. However, the term ‘Valknut’ used to describe the symbol is a modern Norwegian invention, evolving from the combination of Old Norse words, ‘Valr’ meaning slain warriors and ‘knut’ meaning knot.

Good find...

but there are four triangles it looks like to me...

Since the three seem to be "pointing down", that sometimes signified the "female" principle...

But that doesn't look to be the "all seeing eye" to me...it looks more egyptian to my untrained eye.

an AWESOME find either way.

Just curious but were you metal detecting on the Yale Campus? If you want to sell it let me know! :) I know some folks who pay a lot of $$ for this kind of thing.

Yale?

Just curious but were you metal detecting on the Yale Campus? If you want to sell it let me know! :) I know some folks who pay a lot of $$ for this kind of thing.

I was not at Yale. I would like to know the link though. I see four triangles as well. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Back
Top Bottom