Stages in the life of a novice detectorist

I, like probably many folks, started swinging on beaches in the dry sand, staring at the wet sand and wondering what must be in THERE, but my machine couldn't handle the mineralization of wet salt sand.
Got a better machine which hit the wet sand better but found myself staring at the water wondering what must be in THERE.
Eventually got the right equipment and now I know what's out there and never swing over the dry sand again...

That was a pretty good read. Yeah the 800 can be really confusing if you’re new to it. I can even count how many Facebook posts I see where somebody says they think their Equinox is broken. Usually at least half the answers are people saying to send it back for a replacement. In the end it is usually something like their phone was on or there was some other EMI lol.

There's believe it or not 1 last final stage :
The Giving Back stage.......

I thought the final "giving back" stage was going to be some transcendent level of peace with the universe achieved just prior to death only by returning our keepers to the dirt from whence they came for future generations of detectorists to find.

Otherwise, the actual final stage is called the "CoinStar" stage. That's happens a few years after we die when whatever person that got all of our stuff dumps the coin collection into a CoinStar machine and leaves all of the silver pouring out of the reject tray because those coins must not be any good.

I thought the final "giving back" stage was going to be some transcendent level of peace with the universe achieved just prior to death only by returning our keepers to the dirt from whence they came for future generations of detectorists to find.

Otherwise, the actual final stage is called the "CoinStar" stage. That's happens a few years after we die when whatever person that got all of our stuff dumps the coin collection into a CoinStar machine and leaves all of the silver pouring out of the reject tray because those coins must not be any good.

Why not then just pour the coin collection and treasures into your casket and take them with you ?

Not sure if Digging Britt gets me excited about detecting

Yeah that part was repeated for the humor aspect. Actually in my opinion the Youtube stars have nothing to add to the knowledge of metal detecting. But I do enjoy Brad of Green mountain metal detecting because of the high quality of his videos and low key demeanor on film.

I think I've entered a new stage. Performance-enhancing drugs (PED's). I've detected for the last 3 weeks consecutively, many times after work, often at night. I dig about 100 targets every outing and when I get fatigued I pop a nicotine gum (I'm a non-smoker) and it really gives me a jolt and helps me dig those last 20 targets when my arms feel like jello.

Still no gold, though. :(

I think I've entered a new stage. Performance-enhancing drugs (PED's). I've detected for the last 3 weeks consecutively, many times after work, often at night. I dig about 100 targets every outing and when I get fatigued I pop a nicotine gum (I'm a non-smoker) and it really gives me a jolt and helps me dig those last 20 targets when my arms feel like jello.

Still no gold, though. :(

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I think you might have a problem... Mudpuppy runs a Metal Detectors Dig To Much Anonymous group on the weekends if you'd like help...

Back
Top Bottom