Finally got around to it!

YooperBSN

Braved the 20 degree weather yesterday to get in some boots on the ground research (and hopefully a little digging) in. Safe to say, most everything was frozen. Ended up, however, at the same spot where I pulled my first war nickel and my 1909 WP and the ground was still diggable much to my surprise! As light was fading fast, I figured I didn't much time but I would try anyway. Found mostly slaw, but ended up with two pennies, one clad and my second for the year, third ever wheat penny; a 1957D.

A few days back I hit this same spot and found, among other interesting items, a round tuit! Kind of a surprise because the majority of these seem to be made of wood. I tried to ID it by looking up the phrase, but no luck. Still a mystery. The rest of my finds from that day I posted on my Imgur site if anyone is interested. imgur.com/user/YooperBSN

Attachments

• 1957d obv.jpg
    1957d obv.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 1957d rev.jpg
    1957d rev.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 222
  • tuit.jpg
    tuit.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 221
  • tuit 2.jpg
    tuit 2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 228
Braved the 20 degree weather yesterday to get in some boots on the ground research (and hopefully a little digging) in. Safe to say, most everything was frozen. Ended up, however, at the same spot where I pulled my first war nickel and my 1909 WP and the ground was still diggable much to my surprise! As light was fading fast, I figured I didn't much time but I would try anyway. Found mostly slaw, but ended up with two pennies, one clad and my second for the year, third ever wheat penny; a 1957D.

A few days back I hit this same spot and found, among other interesting items, a round tuit! Kind of a surprise because the majority of these seem to be made of wood. I tried to ID it by looking up the phrase, but no luck. Still a mystery. The rest of my finds from that day I posted on my Imgur site if anyone is interested. imgur.com/user/YooperBSN

Huh. That's a new one to me. I had to look it up. It would be interesting to know how far back that one dates.

Back
Top Bottom