What happened to Nectar?

They're called retreads :D

iu

And... retreads always have a higher possibility of blowing their tops once again.

I appreciated how K was of the position to not be a p#ssy when it comes to md'ing. I share that sentiment. But he wants people to "cry uncle" too much (worse than me, doh!) .

I appreciated how K was of the position to not be a p#ssy when it comes to md'ing. I share that sentiment. But he wants people to "cry uncle" too much (worse than me, doh!) .

Why would he get upset about something he doesnt do? His only hobby is trying to annoy as many people as he can on forums. The fact that he has been banned from every forum he touches says everything you need to know about him.

After years I still can not navigate this forum to see all relevant post. But will say it is civil here, but this forum is more for new members in the hobby. Old salty guys can get a little rough around the edges and dont believe in holding their thoughts. The chat feature is the best feature as I can talk real time and see what folks are up to. But I agree, there is no reason to use the F word in a conversation, even though it seems to be a common thing now a days. I feel called out as I do not contribute enough and may turn over a new leaf.

It's not like the F word "slips out" while you're typing. *laughs* It may be common, but it's still filth. :(

Old grumpy men.

I find myself very upset when my military service is put down. Some folks feel strongly about certain things. Doesn't make them bad. I do not care for the f word or name calling, it is the last defense in a conversation you are loosing. Also we all have bad days, hope its nothing serious for Nectar.

Interesting how fired up someone can get over something like metal detecting. I mean, sometimes things become a religion. You can't argue religion. I think this is a pretty good forum. It has a nice balance. I belong to a ukulele forum and if someone so much as questions someone else outside the group think they get excommunicated. It is extreme in that sense. Those people worship ukuleles and heretics are dealt with severely, but the door is always left open for to come back after their penance. I also belonged to a pilot's forum that had a sub forum that you had to sign up special for and it was a free for all. They wanted to give certain people a venue in the hopes that their vitriol would stay there and not infect the rest of the forum. I watched that sub forum go from fun, to obnoxious, to hateful, and finally the mods closed the whole sub forum down. It was very interesting to watch how far and fast things can deteriorate with no rules.

Last edited:
I think the Mods should declare the 4th Friday of each month a Club Fest.

If you've been bad you get in the barrel !!!:lol:

We live in a diverse world.

We all get values from our parents and we are just raised according to family tradition. There is always going to be a clash. But accepting each other and moving on is best.A simple apology doesnt have to be a sign of weakness.

We all get values from our parents and we are just raised according to family tradition. There is always going to be a clash. But accepting each other and moving on is best.A simple apology doesnt have to be a sign of weakness.

Not everyone had parents and sometimes s**t happens in a persons life that can change them, and not for the good. We never really know what goes on in other people's lives.

You must have been a test tube baby?

Not everyone had parents and sometimes s**t happens in a persons life that can change them, and not for the good. We never really know what goes on in other people's lives.

While both parents aren't always there due to immature personality's. Most of us are not conceived in a test tube. Again, people get their morality from home.

Interesting how fired up someone can get over something like metal detecting. I mean, sometimes things become a religion. You can't argue religion. I think this is a pretty good forum. It has a nice balance. I belong to a ukulele forum and if someone so much as questions someone else outside the group think they get excommunicated. It is extreme in that sense. Those people worship ukuleles and heretics are dealt with severely, but the door is always left open for to come back after their penance. I also belonged to a pilot's forum that had a sub forum that you had to sign up special for and it was a free for all. They wanted to give certain people a venue in the hopes that their vitriol would stay there and not infect the rest of the forum. I watched that sub forum go from fun, to obnoxious, to hateful, and finally the mods closed the whole sub forum down. It was very interesting to watch how far and fast things can deteriorate with no rules.

You mean the "Rant and Rave" section ?? :hornetsnest:

Tell me about it. A guy named Glen Ellenbart in Egg Harbor, NJ stole my metal detector

Ok so the weird thing was, it was on a thread I started he went off the deep end on. I don't get it.

I bought my Etrac from Rob and he used to call me probably once a month. Really seemed like a good dude. He sold some detectors ran the detecting 365 site and was a programmer. The person he went off on is a pretty well respected member here and one I have never seen cause problems, so really not sure why he went off.

Just hope for Rob, his issues were contained here.

I was raised by animals. Lived in ghettos. Not sure why I turned out like I did. But I thank the United States Army for making me what I am today. Even after almost 30 years, I still have values.

That may very well be true, but at what point, as an adult, can you distinguish between right and wrong?

It irks me to see the whole "bad childhood" defense used when some window-licker does something they know is not only against the law, but flat-out wrong.

Back
Top Bottom