Gotta have the newest and best....Or do you?

Nice! And I see in the background your trade in loaded up on the wrecker! Question tho,was the bmw badge found with a metal detector?

Good eye Woody! That background shot was the neighbors fancy rig being reposessed...My little 2001 Chevy Prizm Rosie?...paid for cash, $1200 5 yrs ago, remote start, My best detecting rig ever!...Hey, in Life, its not about how you get there, its all about where you are going!...:laughing:

Nice! And I see in the background your trade in loaded up on the wrecker! Question tho,was the bmw badge found with a metal detector?

Mud is also a repo man. He was trying to get a pic of his wrecker and the car in the driveway was added for flair:lol:

This is what you haul cheap detectors in. Man if Mud Puppy breaks one out with a hood scoop i am gonna lose it!:laughing:
Heeeeyyy now...You know what those Pacers are selling for nowadays? Especially one equipped w/a factory V8? Not really my cup-o-tea, but...

Funny you should mention that! I *just* got a brand new Findyerbehind Lab's SX-69 with a Reverse Osmosis coil and Instamatic Tuning Technology! In one week, I've found Forrest Fenn's treasure, the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine, 79 hubcaps, thirty six Walking Liberty half dollars, seven Roy rogers rings, ninety three gold rings AND the TV remote!

Not only that but the machine doesn't need batteries! Just feed it a can of spinach before each hunt and it takes off by itself! It returns that evening faithful as a pup, carrying a finds bag bulging with great stuff. AND Findyerbehind Labs only charges $25.00 for the rig!!

Oh. I forgot to mention... Findyerbehind Labs is a whooly owned subsidiary of Granny Gumdad Incorporated.
Void where prohibited by Fred.
Sage(but it won't find pulltabs! Waaaah!)Grouse

Where can I get one of these? My SX68 just isn't cutting it any more.:laughing:

All machines have their limits, but there are still old timers around rocking gear out of the dark ages, and they find plenty. In some ways Metal Detecting reminds me of my previous hobby, Photography -- loved photography so much I went pro for about 7 years. One of the most irritating things I used to hear from folks is "Wow Chuck, what a beautiful picture, you must have a nice camera!"

Good gear is great, but if you don't know what you are doing, you're not going to produce much. The most important thing is to learn the gear you have, and once you do, you'll produce far better than someone with "better" gear who is just winging it.

A !!!! camera in the hands of Ansel Adams will still produce a masterpiece. It's not really about the gear, as much as it is about the detectorist using it.

Technology love it or hate it? Do you have to have the latest MD...No but it don’t hurt either. I love the Etrac it has found the majority of my finds but I am getting to the age where the E is to heavy. So I try the Deus. It’s lighter, easier for me to swing and reactivity is way faster than the E. So now I have a machine that I can continue enjoying the hobby. Now the Equinox hits and it a new ballgame. New technology will continue to improve our hobby.

For the short version just drop to the last line :laughing:

I shoot weddings.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say they could take great pictures too if they had a camera like mine. Really?

It's not the tool, it's the craftsman.

Unless you're talking about an absolute bottom of the line machine then it really is the user that is the most important part of the equation.

No metal detector will do research. No machine will get you a good permission. No machine swings itself over the ground. The machine only gives you information, you determine what the machine tells you and whether or not to dig it.

I'd rather have a machine I know well (like the Safari I've been swining for 5 years now) than the latest and greatest I know nothing about.

PLUS, even five years later I'm still getting better at reading my machine.

It's much more the operator than the equipment. Burying a Lamborghini won't make me a race car driver.

A lot of machines will “see” the same target. For what I do and the time I have to do it,having as much information as possible about that target conveyed to me is critical. This is where the CTX with the FeCO readout/Smartscreen and Target Trace have done me well. It’s done others quite well too. When I can come home with more old coins than trash,that’s the machine I’m using.
As long as YOU enjoy what you have/can afford/can comprehend/LIKE....it doesn’t matter what’s on the shelf at the “new store”. This hobby can be enjoyed with minimal investment,depending on who you are and what you hunt. But gold hunters in the Outback probably aren’t using Compadres. As with other endeavors or hobbies or sports....there are different “levels”. And yes,there ARE “better” detectors than others.

NedTed_DeepDetector_LR_Web.jpg

Back
Top Bottom