Anyone ID a vintage 1930s motorcycle??

aaronc

Forum Supporter
Hey guys...this is a close up of a family pic we have. It's simply curiosity on my part but trying to find out what the motorcycle is...i figure an Indian or a HD but I don't know enough to tell. Anybody want to take a crack at make and model??? I posted on the Indian forum last night but no responses yet. Thanks..

....oh pic taken in 1936

Attachments

• 20180527_015510.jpg
    20180527_015510.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 128
I couldn't really see any tell tell signs of either machine in the pic..maybe in the front end I was leaning toward Indian. But I was by no means sure,...I figured somebody that was into them perhaps could pick something out pretty quick. I did some cropping and zooming,..see if this helps. Thanks for replies so far,..

Attachments

• Motorcycle resizeZOOM.jpg
    Motorcycle resizeZOOM.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 76
1936 or slightly earlier Indian Chief with the rear chain guard removed. You can clearly see the same lines on the front fender and the same vertical lines from the kick starter, and the way the rear fender slowly goes in to a thinner profile, almost a tip. Even the rear fender supports are the same mounting points...

Attachments

• ej0315-211543_1.jpg
    ej0315-211543_1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 69
1936 or slightly earlier Indian Chief with the rear chain guard removed. You can clearly see the same lines on the front fender and the same vertical lines from the kick starter, and the way the rear fender slowly goes in to a thinner profile, almost a tip. Even the rear fender supports are the same mounting points...

Zeemang,..man you just nailed it!..that was one of the responses over on the Indian forum,..some are starting to roll in but yep you hit it. Pic is spot on,..the chain guard kept throwin me on my research but then I kept coming back to the front end,...anyways..you got it brotha. Thanks for confirmation and info! -Aaron

Back
Top Bottom