Water in the Coil Cover

Tikirob1

Well I am new...so I did not realize that my MX Sport had a coil cover. It was on the coil by default when I bought it. When I was swinging this weekend I was getting a false single on the ends of my swing. I though maybe it was broken...then I saw the water dripping out.

I took off the cover and cleaned and drained the water out and everything is great. :D

Is this is normal for coil covers? If I use this on the beach do I need to worry about Sand? In fresh water would this cause falsing when submersed?

coil cover

Most coils come with a cover so that you are not wearing out the coil scrubbing it on the dirt or sand.

Yes coil covers will get water dirt and sand between the coil and cover. Ease the cover off and clean it out.

Last edited:
Well I am new...so I did not realize that my MX Sport had a coil cover. It was on the coil by default when I bought it. When I was swinging this weekend I was getting a false single on the ends of my swing. I though maybe it was broken...then I saw the water dripping out.

I took off the cover and cleaned and drained the water out and everything is great. :D

Is this is normal for coil covers? If I use this on the beach do I need to worry about Sand? In fresh water would this cause falsing when submersed?

When I'm hunting water, the coil cover is off. Keeps the coil from "collecting" stuff.

I also clean about every month, too, as eventually stuff gets in it from (mostly) tot-lots.

Back
Top Bottom