Old drive in

DW0378

Forum Supporter
Thre is an old drive in a few towns from me. I would like to take a run at hunting this, while it is not super old opened early 1960's and closed in 88 I would think it would hold some treasures for me to search out. It was also a golf driving range for a few years after closing. I am trying to figure out who owns this property. Anyone have any ideas where I should start.

Thanks

Up here in Montana the county assesors office has property owners information. You need the information off the countys plat maps, township, section, range, but thats usually available online.

It is owned by a guy named Stephen Lerner. He is co-owner of Lerner-Hiedenberg Properties.

201-768-1300

They build and own a ton of retail property in NY,NJ, MI, AZ,PA & VT.

They look to be trying to put a lowes or walmart on the drive-in location.

Good luck! And HH!

Showing the pro moves

It is owned by a guy named Stephen Lerner. He is co-owner of Lerner-Hiedenberg Properties.

201-768-1300

Good luck! And HH!

Wow was not expecting that. I must say thank you, I was going to try the cunty tax office and go from there but this made it a lot easier.

No problem.

I basically went to the US Drive-In list and found the one closest to you and verified the information you gave about it.

Once I got the name, I did a straight google lookup. There was a "Save the Drive-in" facebook page which gave little info.

But then I saw a newspaper article dated this month for it. They gave the name.

Researched the name more and got contact info.

When all else fails, ask big brother. lol

Easy Peasy.

I see an ambulance (I think) in your avatar... ...if I want to know who owns a piece of land, I use our fire department map. Then I go to our county gov website. Property owner information is listed there. Maybe this is unusual and I'm just lucky to have it so easy.

It is an ambulance but it's a NYC FD ambulance and the drive in is located to counties away.

201-768-1300

Good luck! And HH!

Hey Vex, You freakin psychic or something??

No problem.

I basically went to the US Drive-In list and found the one closest to you and verified the information you gave about it.

Once I got the name, I did a straight google lookup. There was a "Save the Drive-in" facebook page which gave little info.

But then I saw a newspaper article dated this month for it. They gave the name.

Researched the name more and got contact info.

When all else fails, ask big brother. lol

Easy Peasy.

Oh, Your an Internet ninja. :D

Wow was not expecting that. I must say thank you, I was going to try the cunty tax office and go from there but this made it a lot easier.

DW0378..Time for a spell check I'm thinkin.

nice info find!!!! Drive-ins can be sweet to dig. Could find some pretty nice finds there (besides coins). I'm sure quite a few jewelry pieces were lost while "watching" movies there....There'so ne near wife's parents house I've been contemplating researching for awhile, just keep forgetting.

I have permission to hunt a drive-in close to me. I have been there once so far.

It's hard work.

Ground is super packed gravel, wires for the speaker boxes are a pain, trash is enormous, and the finds are minimal.

Not saying there is nothing to find there, it is just hard work to find them.

I was thinking about the trash factor really had not thought about the hard pack and wire issue though. I am waiting to hear back from the management company that owns the property, worst case scenario I go and give it a shot can always walk away if it's too much trouble.

Back
Top Bottom