Thank God We Have Ex-Lax These Days!

JimInPhilly

Hit the spot thats been giving up some good stuff today. I thought it was another makeup compact that I have been finding here, but when i got home and cleaned the dirt off, it turns out to be an old medicine tin.
It reads ...Lydia E.Pinkham...Vegetable Compound...Herb Medicine...Pills For Constipation... Sanative Wash..

The pills are still in there I can here them rattle around.

,Have a Flying Eagle Cent and a 1892 Injun soaking.

HH

Jim

Attachments

• pinkham002.jpg
    pinkham002.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 254
  • pinkham001.jpg
    pinkham001.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 175
I think I would open that thing and make sure they weren't coins or something else. That is a sweet find, I have seen Lydia E. Pinkham bottles before but never a tin !!!

Great find Jim ... I've found several old compacts but no medicine tins ... I like the old household relics ... continued good luck! :yes:

OMG, I remember Lydia Pinkham's pills!!! I must be older than that dirt your tin came out of!!

Trudy

Thanks ,

Scrllt641, Im sure youre not THAT old ;) No there was only broken glass in the tin :(

Jeff ,heres the FE recently found .Its an 1858.. it didnt clean up well . Ive found three FEs and they all were toast.

Jim

Attachments

• New_100_1094.jpg
    New_100_1094.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_1096.jpg
    100_1096.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 164
Congrats on the FE's !!! Like I said, I have never seen the tin before but I do have a old corked bottle of Lydia Pinkman's, still in the box / paper container, sealed and pills still intact, pulled it from the basement of an old drugstore. btw, the pills were red.............. be interesting to get one tested to see what they were made of..............

Hey, Jim, when did you find the 1832 Bust half dime? That is a coin that I'm defnitely searching for.

boot said:
Hey, Jim, when did you find the 1832 Bust half dime? That is a coin that I'm defnitely searching for.

Found the half dime at this same spot.

Epi , you can have it :yes:

Back
Top Bottom