Setting custom volume on Equinox 800 segments

Wloch248

So I decided to change some advanced settings in my park 1 and 2 profiles. I changed the tone on nickels and 19+ to a higher tone and 25, turned down iron to the lowest and the 1-11 and 14 or 15-18 to a lower tone. Here is where the problem comes in. I set the volume for the iron to 1, the other non ferrous trash zones down to a 5 so I could still hear them in all metal. I set the vol for the nickel and 19+ to 25. I figure the high tones would really pop. I had seen someone’s video on YouTube and followed the same basic setup.

When I went to test it I was still getting a loud report with the iron and trash zones. If the volume for these is down to a 1 I thought they would barely be audible. Am I wrong or missing something?

So I decided to change some advanced settings in my park 1 and 2 profiles. I changed the tone on nickels and 19+ to a higher tone and 25, turned down iron to the lowest and the 1-11 and 14 or 15-18 to a lower tone. Here is where the problem comes in. I set the volume for the iron to 1, the other non ferrous trash zones down to a 5 so I could still hear them in all metal. I set the vol for the nickel and 19+ to 25. I figure the high tones would really pop. I had seen someone’s video on YouTube and followed the same basic setup.

When I went to test it I was still getting a loud report with the iron and trash zones. If the volume for these is down to a 1 I thought they would barely be audible. Am I wrong or missing something?

I think you have tone pitch and tone volume mixed up.
You need to go to volume adjust advanced setting and set up your sectors you want to sound lower (volume wise) with lower volume setting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ur0FfDDKUo

I don't know if you're doing anything wrong, but I do know that the low tones sound loud even with the volume turned down on that tone section. I think it's just the function of the various tone frequencies. Low frequencies are stronger, if that makes sense.

I think you have tone pitch and tone volume mixed up.
You need to go to volume adjust advanced setting and set up your sectors you want to sound lower (volume wise) with lower volume setting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ur0FfDDKUo

That is the video I used to set it up.

I think it is just the function of lower tones sounding “stronger”. I guess I just anticipated barely being able to hear the unwanted tones if their volume was 1.

That is the video I used to set it up.

I think it is just the function of lower tones sounding “stronger”. I guess I just anticipated barely being able to hear the unwanted tones if their volume was 1.

I experimented last night with my unit.
I got my tones to sound lower in bins with certain targets swept.

Back
Top Bottom