Good Equinox Review

I watched the video.

I agreed with some and some I questioned some somewhat.

I wish the gent would have talked about the detecting history (what detectors had been sites he tested/used Equinox.

Why?
Because the deeper detectable targets are likely more in the open hence another detecfor like CTX would pick them off.

I wish he would have compared CTX on more targets depth wise than he did.

Emi
I wonder how much aircraft traffic the gent has in his area overhead.

What interference I have gotten seems is attributed to overhead aircraft. This is a short lived comdition though.

I have hunted under high tension power lines and have been able to run Sens at 22 and unit has Ben very stable.

He's right about the trash and iron though. Nox kills here big time.

And why I have said Nox is a great old home site her in my area hunting these junk piles.

I also think Nox ring run rings around CTX for deep nickels.

I have dug some pretty deep stuff using my unit even in polluted sites (coins and relics).

Overall a good video.
Kudos to the gent for doing.

I would like to see a White's v3i head to head with Nox.

Gent also mentioned big gun detectors. But he didn't say what they were.
I can assume one was CTX.
And I agree CTX is deeper on high conductors in medium and milder soil, but the amped up soil, Nox has advantage.

Thanks for posting video Buford.

he lost at when he started saying the machine hits solid at 6 inchs on targets and after that its skechy... It blast a 9 inch silver dime here in my soil.

he lost at when he started saying the machine hits solid at 6 inchs on targets and after that its skechy... It blast a 9 inch silver dime here in my soil.

I know.
Heck an At Pro is good to 6".
And me saying this not to pick on At Pro.

Gent couldn't show video of a 9" deep coin being swept undisturbed with Nox??

Well you brought it up... did you see how the Nox was acting when he sweep it behind the ctx...on the deep coin. Ive tested the ctx and nox both in my garden...They both hit deep.. I wonder what recovery speed he was in ? 8?

Well you brought it up... did you see how the Nox was acting when he sweep it behind the ctx...on the deep coin. Ive tested the ctx and nox both in my garden...They both hit deep.. I wonder what recovery speed he was in ? 8?

Or which mode.
I don't think I ever heard the gent say which mode was the deepest on higher conductive coins.

If he was in field 1 detect mode checking that one coin located with CTX, no wonder Nox was sputtering. I don't know what mode he was in or his Sens level settings.
And what were the CTX settings.
Was it run hot?

Too limited on what he showed comparing CTX.
If he was going to show, then give a better showing (more comparisons).
And the gent looked like he had a wall full of detectors. But seem he had to get the $1800-$2000 bugger to smoke Nox.

One target not seen don't make or break any detecfor in the wild.
Trends though can.

You guys should give him some feedback and see what he says. No one, at this point, is going to be 100% accurate. It will take a village to compile the best information on this, or any new detector.

BCD

I would have to say his review doesn't squarely fit my experience. I'll agree the 6" comment seemed a bit off. If he's talking to get a solid undeniable TID then I could somewhat agree, but I've hit many solid at much deeper.

I do believe he was being honest about his thoughts. We all get different results depending on location/conditions so I feel he's telling it like he sees it.

ONE MAJOR problem with electronics is that you cannot have the same response or speed across the board with them.

I used to work for Packard Bell a LONG time ago and owned a computer shop for almost 15 years. You can have two exactly the same computers side by side with the exact software on them and one will be faster than the other.

Same with detectors. You might have two Equinox 800 machines and one will perform better than the other. He didn't talk much about his settings. I was impressed with that half cent at 11.5 inches with the CTX though. That opened my eyes. Trying the Nox today. Will see what happens.

I would have to say his review doesn't squarely fit my experience. I'll agree the 6" comment seemed a bit off. If he's talking to get a solid undeniable TID then I could somewhat agree, but I've hit many solid at much deeper.

I do believe he was being honest about his thoughts. We all get different results depending on location/conditions so I feel he's telling it like he sees it.

+1. Maybe its just his soil or settings that are off, but I've been able to hit coins much deeper than that. The TID isn't as solid as something like a CTX or Etrac on the really deep stuff but the signal is clear and dig-able.

Back
Top Bottom