Volkswagen exterminates the beetle

I had a used classic VW bus back in the early 70's (was likely a 60's model) and it drove really nice and was fun to drive, only real drawback was it was not best for going up hills if you had a lot of weight in it.

Probably for the best, they had gotten so far away from the original that they hurt me to look at... Very few companies offering nice simple, light small cars anymore.

They still make the old style in Mexico:D

They stopped in 2004, they had a special version in 2004 though that was a super classic look, hard to find and $$$ when you can find them down here.
They were a decent car while they lasted but the problem down here is original parts became very hard to find and expensive, and vw will not service them, even the most recent models.

Had a 73 super, sometimes wish I still did. So easy to work on and cheap parts, at least back then, sold it around 98 or so, bummer. Was great off road too LoL

They stopped in 2004, they had a special version in 2004 though that was a super classic look, hard to find and $$$ when you can find them down here.
They were a decent car while they lasted but the problem down here is original parts became very hard to find and expensive, and vw will not service them, even the most recent models.

What a bummer!

Back
Top Bottom