5 Silver Saturday.... Another Saturday morning hunt produces some neat finds.

GStout76

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone.

Got out Saturday morning with USMCENG1 (Orlando) for a quick hunt at a couple parks we had never detected before. Honestly, I don't think the first park has been hunted before as it is not that old. It shows up as a park pre-1970 but post 1950. Really small park, but I ended up with a really fat silver wedding band that fit me perfectly. Those that don't know me, I am a pretty big guy and most men's rings only fit my pinky finger. Was a nice surprise to see that big silver ring in the hole. The other ring is a 18K gold plated/ .925 monstrosity that I was sure was going to be a silver half or quarter. Due to not finding any old age indicators we moved to another park about 20 min. away.

Orlando left shortly there after and stayed on for another 30 minutes. Ended up hitting two mercs and a rosie off of some old ash tree's near the roots. Forgot to add, one of the wheats was a semi-key 1912 S. It is pretty toasted, but always neat to find a rare coin in the soil. Neat old park, that I will have to visit again. My time was up, so i had to get home.

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Greg

Last edited:
Hey Greg nice loot you got there. Too bad the lucky horseshoe ring wasn't solid gold! That would be awesome. Congrats on the silver and wheats...

Did you feel the earthquake this morning? I wonder if that helped push some silvers to the surface???

Nice going Greg! It's always fun to find a mix of silver coins and jewelry. I also found a ring that fits my big fingers this last week which is rare indeed.

Back
Top Bottom