Dirtchurch-spring training silvers...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Went out with Bueller this morning for Dirtchurch at a ballfield that was about 75% thawed...and loaded with goose poop. Whatever you do, don't kneel to dig when hunting this place:lol:...Maneuvering between the turds and being selective on what targets I dug netted the usual scrap, $2.65 in clad, (all memorials got tossed at Bueller:laughing:) 7 wheats and 3 silvers...
IMG_0052_zps042e042e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] One Merc was sandwiched between 2 wheats, you can see the matching stain...
IMG_0053_zps96e2db85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Silvers #31, 32 and 33...
IMG_0054_zps8405ed53.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0055_zpsc2cf8e31.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] All the old coins were deep, but the Omega found 'em once again...the silvers are starting to accumulate as the weather warms and I hit my stride...no silvers are safe when the Captain's out digging:cool: Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

Congrats on the silver and wheats. Took me a few seconds to figure your location...until I read it backwards.

This isn't the schoolyard ballfield I hunted yesterday, this one is older, probably from the 30's...one of the wheats is 100 years old...
IMG_0058_zps0de6450a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] The Mercs were lost in the 40's, they're old and worn...the Rosie was probably the shallowest of the keepers
IMG_0056_zpsb6a777b4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0057_zps11b1d9e7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congrats on the dime triple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another great outing and your right the numbers are on the rise. Congrats on the Silvers and Wheat's. Glad your knees did not get stained, geese can be messy. Jack

Nice going, congrats on the silvers and your totals are climbing. There are a couple parks here that can also get loading with goose poop and I know what you mean about making sure you don't kneel on it.

Back
Top Bottom