It's not all about what you find....

getherduged

It's about what you do with your finds

Sunday I dug, along with the bullets and spur, a dog tag and name plate from a dog that belonged to a family I know.

I contacted a member of the family. He advised me that the tag and name plate came from a dog his Dad had before he was born. (1930)

He broke down in to tears when I told him what I found.

I will deliver the tag and name plate to him tomorrow.

What do they put on dog tags? Phone number and address? All the ones I find just has the pet clinic name or a serial number and the year.

See the examples. Anyway it's always nice to touch someone like that.

When I find these, I always wonder whether or not I dug a doggie grave Is it possible? :?:

Attachments

• Dogtag.jpg
    Dogtag.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 102
  • dogtag2.jpg
    dogtag2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 103
Carol K said:
What do they put on dog tags? Phone number and address? All the ones I find just has the pet clinic name or a serial number and the year.

See the examples. Anyway it's always nice to touch someone like that.

When I find these, I always wonder whether or not I dug a doggie grave Is it possible? :?:
Whether it is a rabies tag or dog licence, they are put in a database and that is what the number refers to. If you call the county/state office they will be able to refer that number to names and addresses. I would say that the tag fell off a leash/collar rather than a gravesite.

My first dog tag that I found was the only one with a phone number on it. And I've found a LOT of them in the past 1 1/2 years. I called the number and the lady said she had already replaced the tag, but thanked me for calling.

Trudy

One time I saw an older house - went to the door and asked the older couple if I could detect the rough areas. They said yes, I dug a dog tag and went to the people and showed them. They started to cry as it was there favorite pet, long gone. I felt a little bad making them cry.
The funny thing was the dog's name on the tag was "Lucky" , steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom